Dojo's Help

Bubblefish

Hi there

I would be interested in keeping two Dojo's with my black moor, would that be ok, what do they eat and how often do you fed them.

I have a 15 gallon tank with a blackmoor and 4 minnows - I hope this would be suitable.

Are they quite common to buy ?

thanks

Yes dojos are good with goldfish but you need the room to keep them together.

Apart from the loach theres nothing really that I can think of that will scavenge from the bottom of a coldwater tank.

dont buy a dojo, cuz i bought one like a year or 2 ago, and the stupid thing jumped out of the tank when i left the room, so i found it and i popped it back into the tank and i covered ALL holes on the lid..

next morning i found the dojo on the floor dried up.. .###### thing must have crawled up the water fall of my aqua clear and then made it way across the tank lid and onto the floor. sneaky little things

Yes, you really need a tank with a very good lid if you plan to keep dojos. I lost one in a similar way to Jackson. The little thing managed to get up the outflow of the filter. Now, I keep them in a tank with an internal filter ... no escape routes!

You could think about hillstream loaches. They are small, but should be kept in groups of at least three. They like very good water quality and some current in the water. Also, you should have some algae in the tank for them to feed on (especially when you first get them). After you have had them for a while, they will eat goldfish food and veggies. Mine love blanched zucchini.