Gf Laying On Side

The_Mohican

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? -0

Nitrite Level? -0

Nitrate level? - 20

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? -7.6

Ph Level out of the Tap? -7.6

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? -20gal, for over a year

What is the name and size of the filter/s? 30/150 Aquaclear, 10-15 Aquatech

How often do you change the water and how much? -Once a week, 25% water change

How many fish in the tank and their size? -2 Orandas 1 5in the other 4 in, and 1 rubbernosed pleco

What kind of water additives or conditioners? I add Kent liquid plant fertilizers

Any medications added to the tank? -No

Add any new fish to the tank? - No

What do you feed your fish? Tetra ColorFin Sinking Granules

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? - No

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?

On Tuesday I found my Lemon Head Oranda Walter listing to her side so I did a little over a 25% water change and she seems to perk up and be ok. Last night though I went to feed and she was completely over on her side, but when I put the food in she swam around and ate like usually, but when she stopped swimming listed back over onto her left side. So I moved her to a 5 gal bucket for the night. My other Oranda has been acting normal. This morning she was still on her side, so I did a water change and added a bubble want to the bucket, and also offer her some peas, but she just spit them back out. I don't know if something is wrong or if it is just old age, Walter is 8 years old.

Sorry to hear that your fish isn't well. Thank you for providing all the valuable info. it is so helpful to us.

I wonder about constipation and SBD. Have you fasted the fish recently? Before the peas?

Is the fish swollen at all?

Before this have you seen any white stool or no stool?

Lastly for now, Just a note on spitting out the food. This can be a sign of parasites. Is there anything else she is doing or the other fish? Flashing, rubbing, yawning.........etc?

PS, I tried to pm you but your inbox is full, can you clear this? Also we need for you to make your signature littlier, it is very large and makes the threads hard to scroll down and read. Thanks. :)

Ok made my siggy smaller, but I don't think I have PM capabilities yet as I can not find a PM link anywhere.

Walter is doing load better, about and hour or so after posting I checked her and she was upright, listing just a little. she then ate some peas and I left her in the bucket for a few more hours before doing a 50% water change and putting her back in the tank. So far she is doing well and acting normal. She is not swollen and poop looks normal. I have not fasted lately, but I think I will, then give her some peas, just to make sure. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, it must be 200 posts you need then, sorry. But thanks for making it smaller. If you can make the pic smaller you can add it back, but with that and all the names, was a little too big.

I would fast her 2 days and then go with 2 days of peas. See if this doesn't help her.

Make sure to keep an eye on if she is swelling or pineconing at all.