Sign in to follow this  
Guest acfish

I Need To Know If My Goldfish Is Pregnant?

Guest acfish

I have a goldfish that looks like a beta fish but it is orange and for the last 3 days its been floating on the surface as if it was dead and I also noticed that it goes on its side and is very fat, and I would like to know if there is any procedure I can do cause I do not want to lose my Goldie. A.S.A.P responsewill be very helpful. Thank You

It sounds like you have a problem that doesn't have to do with eggs. How big is your fish? It might be possible shes egg bound but it sounds more like a swim bladder problem with the floating. If you could either start a thread in the disease/diagnosis section or wait until a mod moves this there that would probably be best. If you start something there be sure to answer as many of the questions in the red box. Sorry I can't be of much help. :(

Edited by nichjake

Hi :) welcome to Koko's!

I'm sorry to hear your fish is unwell. For us to be able to help you, you need to answer the questions in the red box.

Hi and welcome.

As the above poster mentioned we need you to answer all the questions in the box above.

It sounds like your fish is very sick, hopefully we can help both you and him out.

Post back soon.

:blink: Not necessarily,it could be swim bladder & constipation........There are many things it could be.That's exactly why we ask all those questions above,and don't assume anything. ;)

:blink: Not necessarily,it could be swim bladder & constipation........There are many things it could be.That's exactly why we ask all those questions above,and don't assume anything. ;)

469682[/snapback]

Noted ;)

Thx Devs

I'm really hoping it's not dropsy though

:lol: No Problem,and by the way,I'm hoping that too.

:welcome acfish! you've got some great people here helping you! just answer as many questions as you can for them, and i'm sure they'll help you find out what is wrong with your goldie. :)

p.s. i'm pretty sure pregnant goldfish don't float sideways at the top.. sorry to say. :(

Acfish, it sure doesn't sound right, and doesn't haave anything to do with eggs.

I'll put it into the disease section for you, so you have plenty of help to go around. Just a word up in front - there is a big red box on top of the disease section with all kinds of questions regarding your fish's environment and such. Try to answer as many as you possibly can, it helps us get a better picture of your fish's daily routine and housing.

If you don't have test kits to determine the ammonia/nitrites/nitrates/pH, most pet stores will test it free for you when you bring them a sample of your water. Insist on them giving you an actual number instead of the usual "water is fine" answer.... :)

acfish, I have merged both of your threads together. It is important that only 1 thread run with the same problem. Thanks.

Post back soon with the info we need and we can help you further.

Guest ruthie86

i think try and keep the water as clean as possible at this time, it will need it to heal. Try not to stress it out however by givin your tank a complete water change, just partial, i know ive had a fish clingin to the top and a bit gluggy turnin to his side, i change some water, tested the water he was bak to normal the next morning. Yours sounds a bit more severe thou . Knock out all the possiblilities you can.