Sign in to follow this  
Black oranda

Bumps?

My fish Rylight, and Zorah both have a weird bump on their selfs. Rylights bump is on his gill plate, and zorah's is close to her Dorsal fin. They , and all the other

fish in the tank seem to be doing well. Could it just be a bruise or something :blink: ?

Ill get water levels tomorrow morning since its getting late.

:( I hope there alright.

11:35 PM is hardly late, Alex. jk. lolz.

Are the bumps white or the same color as your fish? It could be a possible number of things; mating, fungus, etc.

The time was 1:30 am when i posted.

I have pictures, im getting water params now.

bump2.jpg

bump1.jpg

This is the bump on Zorah.

Hmmm, I have no idea. I wish I could be of some help

:idont

A friend of mine, who was a fishkeeper for 10 years, told me that she had some goldies who developed tumors. They lived till about 6 yrs old with them.

Maybe try to find a fish vet in your area?

S~

I am not saying that is what this is, but there is a disease caused by sporozoans that causes bumps like that, eventually they will rupture and white stuff will come out. It is highly contagious and usually fatal, so until someone else weighs in with what they think it is, or if you see any white stuff coming out, you may want to place them into quarantine, just in case. There are definitely other things that cause lumps, so don't worry too much, I just don't want your other fish to catch it on the off chance it is the sporozoan disease. Fish with this disease often do not act ill, just have the lumps. But most of the pics I have seen the lumos look a lot larger in comarison to the fish, so hopefully you are dealing with something else!

Hopefully someone else who knows well can give their opinion-I hope that isn't it, and that whatever it is clears up soon!

Edited by jen626

I think I may have had a fish with that sporozoan infection. It had a large bump beneath the head. I lanced it a few times because it looked like a pimple [used a safety pin sterilized with iodine, and simply squeezed formed pus and blood out of it]. The fish did fine for months, but then developed dropsy and passed away 5 months later. It looked *just* like the bump on your fish. I'll post a pic for comparison.

http://raivynn.homestead.com/files/feeshees/growth.jpg

Rai

:o Oh i hope its not that! Ill need to start looking for a place to seperate them. Today the bump is still there but theres a small hole, with some blood and alittle white spot.

I found this : http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/disease/p/neondisease.htm

It doesn't sound good, I must seperate them now :( Theres no cure.

Edited by Black oranda