My Tank

balashark

okies, here's my tropical aquarium. i like it the way it is, but my next aquarium i'm gonna do a little different. my first one was very natural but didn't have much color, which is what everyone said, i needed more color in there. so this one turned into jen helping me find the most colorful pieces we could (w/ some decor from my first tank that i still liked, and my parrot fish had to have his sunken pipes :) )

tank1.jpg

72 gallon bowfront, stand, and flourescent light in black, aquaclear 110 filters, 300w heater, 1 air pump, 85 lbs of colored stone, roman ruins backdrop.

tank2.jpg

see the bala in the bottom right?

tank3.jpg

side view, w/ parrot fish and playts

tank4.jpg

pictus cat's deep-sea cave, fake plant, clippings from the amazon swordtail plant

tank5.jpg

parrot fish's pipes, amazon swordtail, clay pots, and another platy

tank6.jpg

coral rock formation with airstone and two balas

tank7.jpg

oops, how'd that slip in there :) our 11 year old beagle/lab pup named Angus.

haha... your beagle/lab is cute!! hehe. :heart the bandana!

and WOW... your tank is very colorful... i like it! haha i saw your tank and was like HEY!!! that's the size of the one that's waiting for me at home!! now i'm even MORE anxious to get started on my tank. :krazy: i love how colorful your aquarium is... it's eyecatching but not overdone. :thumb:

:):) Your tank is amazing! Love the colors and the decro you have chosen. :exactly

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics! :heart

Sorry, forgot to mention, love the pic of Angus also.

you do not have a lot of fish in that big tank! man i would have more than 3 or 4! but that is just me!

PanDe... your goldfish below your message their eyes are different from the bubble eyes i have seen, is there something wrong with them becuase the ones i have seen are saggy and are clear and you can see through them! but anyway that was off topic but anyway! bye!

aww i love your little doggie! :heart and your tank, wow, it's gorgeous!! and so big, i have a coral cave thing kinda like yours, but not as big or pretty. i hadn't thought of putting the colorful plants with it, i'm gonna have to do that later on, it's pretty :)

wow, thanks! and i'll let angus know what y'all said :)

i dunno, i love my aquarium but then i saw some of the cool designs other people had on here,,, i guess that's why i never posted full pics of my tank. so that's very nice of everyone to say.

you do not have a lot of fish in that big tank! man i would have more than 3 or 4! but that is just me!

467224[/snapback]

Dean,the reason that he has only a few fish,are because of the fish he does have.Bala Sharks,and Parrot Fish get pretty big.That's why we try to teach people to not overstock.At one point Justin's fish will take up alot more room than they are now.Gotta plan for the future of the fish you have. ;)

thanks erin and devs! that means a lot, i mean if anyone knows tanks you would devs ;)

yea dean, my tank does look kinda empty right now. and it's tough to explain to friends why i don't let my tank look like the ones at the pet store. even still, i'm not one to let my tank get overstocked. i'm already saving for my next tank cuz i know full grown balas will need more than 72 gallons to be truly happy. though i'll tell ya, the bowfront really works great, cuz they can swim back and forth, and not have to slow down at the corners to turn at a 90 degree angle, they just follow the bow.

Archived