I Lost A Mollie! :(

Mariposa

The other day I lost one of my female mollies. :cry1 I had just changed the water a few days before and the test showed that it was fine. I have salt in the water and keep the tank heated to about 80 degrees. I had her in a 10 gallon with another female and 2 males. I do believe also that she was pregnant, she was getting quite wide. Can they die giving birth? Any ideas as to what happened are appreciated, as she seemed healthy and it was quite a shock!

YOu had no ammonia or nitrite, right? How much water did you change? Have you added any new fish recently? Yes it is possible for them to die giving birth, unfortunately, or shortly after. :( Im sorry to hear about her, and hope someone else might be able to help out more.

Guest Luke Anderson

Mollies can get stressed (and its even possible that they can die :cry1 ), if not kept in a ratio of at least 2 females per male, in order to spread breeding and chasing behavior around.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xXxFaMiTsUdCxXx

it couldve died 4rm bein pregnat and havin babies. My female guppy i had a long time ago died while just giving birth 2 da las t fry.

Archived