Sign in to follow this  
gumbo

Emergenceny-please Help Me!

Hi.

First to answer your questions. He has not yet eaten, which worries me (it has been over a week, how long can they go without eating without them starving to death?). I started the Prazi about 6 days ago. 1 teaspoon per 20 gallons everyday with small waterchange. I got him up to .5% at the same time I added the Prazi so I do not know which one made him perk up, like you said, but I also think that just him being in a stable environment without stress of waterchanges etc. could have made him more lively. Gumbo has always been very delicate when doing waterchanges and seems to get stressed more easily than any other fish I have. But I am not sure. The things that concern me the most are the bacteria at this point. I heard that parasites could damage the gills which leads to bacterial gill disease. So I am thinking that maybe I killed or limited the parasites and perhaps I am just dealing with a bacterial gill disease now? He has fin rot and the white patch is still there. So I know there is bacteria present affecting him.

I REALLY don't want to do a bucket to bucket treatment :( I just feel like I am making it worse. I will do this after he is atleast feeling a little better if that is possible because I do want to recycle and sterilize his tank eventually. I definitely need to scope, I was hoping the new microscope would have arrive by now but since it has not I will try again with the one I have.

So should I try the byzalknium bath? If so, can you tell me how I should do it? :)

Can I up the salinity in his main tank with any success? Atleast to limit the ones that are on him, enough to where I can than take him out and recycle etc.?

I'm off to scope!

Thank you :heart

Edited by gumbo

He also has these circles around his joints; at the base of his pectoral fins and his anus. They are these whitish pinkish blisters. There are no scales at these areas also. Any ideas? He is getting worse again :(

Well, I would not treat with prazi anymore because it is plain to see that it is not flukes. He should have rebounded long ago if it were. So, we are left with ciliates or possibly costia. I am leaning towards chilo, myself. But anyway, I belive you should try the benzalkonium Chloride. 1 drop per gallon for one hour and then remove to a clean environ. Do this everyday if he is holding his own.

I really wish there were more We could do here. If the benzalkonium helps, then we can go from there.

Any luck with the scope lately? :unsure:

He is now drifting around the water on his side, in 12 hours he went from seeming to be "ok " the moment to a point where I feel it may be necessary to just end his suffering instead of experimenting with treatments that might possibly work but most likely not. My best friend said she would put him down for me with clove oil and vodka. If your fish was on his side drifting in the water having a hard time breathing, would you put him down or continue trying to treat and hope for the best? I want to make sure I am doing the right thing. How much pain do you imagine he might be in? I didn't want to come home tonight because I dread seeing him like this :cry1

Thank you so much Paul for guiding me through this, I've learned a lot from you..

Gumbo how are things going?

Gumbo has passed :( , you can move this thread now. We put him down with clove oil once he started leaning to his side and his eyes and body kept coming above the surface. This was Wednesday of last week. It was very sad but it was his time and I would not have him suffer if it was not neceassary. Thank you everyone that helped me with my two fish (Chico and Toothless).

I love you Gumbo and Joey, R.I.P. babies. :heart

Brittany I am so sorry to hear about Gumbo!! I was hoping he would pull through.

You did a great job treating him. It was just too much for his little body to fight.

:rip: Gumbo. You will be missed. :heart

Edited by fantailfan1

Oh Brittany........

I am so so sorry. You have been stellar thru this experience. As fantailfan1 said, his little body just couldn't take it any more. He's resting comfortably now.

:heart

I'm sorry for your loss, you tried so hard, Gumbo was lucky to have you.