Sign in to follow this  
Guest robolb

Oranda With Swollen Yellow Face

Hi Rob, any update on the fish?

Guest robolb

hi..it's me, pat. Just updating news. yellow face is getting better. Fantail is good now. We put yellow face in big tank and stop strong medication. He seems better, less stress. Hopefully, We can save him. He can eat a little bit and try to swim, not sitting on the bottom all the time like the past. We put fantail in another tank. He can eat normally. Sorry, we didn't update you earlier. We are very busy to clean up the big tank, change the gravel , etc. I did research a lot on internet and learn from my experience, not use strong medication if you not sure what 's going on with your fish. and bucket to bucket did not work for our case. it's good for keep water clean but fish are very stress when we have to move them everyday, and it's not good. one thing not put the anti-bio or stong medication to your big tank. it's kill all of bacteria. both, good and bad. Last thing we learn have to notice your fish poop and keep the water and the tank clean and always test it. Check inside your filters anaul. I still feel very bad and sad about this. I thought we kill our fish by foolish and not preparing enough. They deserve the parents better than us. My yellow fish, his face is not cute anymore. My husband teasting that he need plastics surgery. I feel Bad that what did we done to him. I don't sure it's becasue cause from nasty bacteria or our medication.:-( Anyway, it's a big lesson for us and anybody who read this section. Sometime, I was crying when I saw his face. it's very hurt like you see your child sick, and you try to fix it. but you the one who make it worse!!!! Anyway, he is a big flighter. He is still flighting for his life. At least he still survive and still can eat and poop. Hopefully, he will geting better and better.

glad to hear he's getting better pat! :) and yellow faces in some orandas is normal.. as long as he's getting healthier and healthier, that is good news. most colors of goldfish change at least once throughout their lifetimes. blacks turn to brown, orange, or even white. oranges turn to red... heh they all vary!

gald to hear all is not lost though! hope "yellow face" makes a full recovery! in the meantime, we hope to see more of you and rob here at koko's! :D:heart

Guest robolb

Thank you everybody for support. Tinkokeshi, I am not mind if his face is only turn to yellow. but now, his face is look very damage and he seem hurt a lot. I am not sure it comes from nasty bacteria or from our treatment. :-( that make me sad.

Damage and injuries will heal, Rob (or Pat). As long as they recovers, there is hope. :)

Guest robolb

Update news. Yellow face did not make it this early morning.:-(

:( i'm sorry you guys lost yellow face.

I'm so sorry about yellowface. :( How are the other two fish going?

I'm very sorry to hear about yellowface. :crying: Don't blame yourselves as you only did what you believed to be the best.

Edited by Fishmerised