Acting Wierd

Guest LamLam

Hello,

Just a quick question. I have a black moore that likes to swim along the glass all the time. It just swims back and forth along the glass. Ive tested the water and it seems to be cycled. My ammonia, nitrate, nitrite are 0 and my PH is about 7.8. He eats fine and his poop looks normal. I dunno if it interests him or if its like a disease ore something.

thanks

Hey LamLam,How long's the tank been running ? If cycled,Ammonia/Nitrites should read 0,but you should have a small NitrAte # reading. What size tank is he in-what if any other fish are in there? Any other odd behavior?

i tested my tank yesterday. ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate is between 0 and 5ppm. i just assumed its zero. my PH is 7.8 to 8.0. I have a 90 gallon tank. Ive got two emperors and a ehiem running. I change the water every week. I have two fish inside. a black moore and a oranda. I dont notice anything wrong with them. they are very active and eat well. My black moore just likes to swim up against the glass back and forth. i dunno if its normal or a sign of like an infection and he likes to rub against the window. He actually just rubs with his belly. i dont notice any flashing or anything like that. Most of the time he just swims back and forth against the glass. The other fish follows the black moore around but doesnt rub up against the glass.

Thanks

What are you doing while he is doing this? If you are walking or in front of the tank then he thinks you are going to feed him. If you have been sitting somewhere out of his way and staying very still then he should calm down and go back to goldie behaviour.

Try one night to keep the room they are in dark with just the tank light on and just sit quietly and watch, if its just a behaviour thing then he should settle down and go about fishy business.

If he doesnt then i dont know why he would constantly pace the tank.

Archived