I'm Dying!

Aftran

I've been planning on building a pond for over a year, but right now it looks like we might move (although it's doubtfull). I also have very little money cause I might have found a car, which is slowing becomming a bigger deal.

But as I look at all these beautiful ponds I keep wanting to pick up a shovel! Besides, the area the pond will be going in needs to be cleared out....Maybe I'll beg my dad to let me start on something!

Gah, this is the perfect time of year to dig, too! It rains just enough to not flood but soften the ground!

My pond didn't cost much at all to build. Just lots of work. I dug it by hand and used a plastic tarp as the liner. The rocks are all local. The only cost was the pump. I have recently added a filter to help with the green water. The plants were mostly shared from friends and the fish come from various places. You can also use the out of ground method that several people have on here and use rubber stock tanks. That is what is nice about ponds you can spend very little or a lot! Good luck!

:hi Hi all....I thought that I would pass on my

support for indoor or patio ponds. I have a flower

barrel (looks like a whiskey barrel) that I picked up

at the home depot about 6 months ago that I use for

my indoor pond. I've had real good luck with the barrel.

It holds about 35g and I have 4 comets in it.

It has a whisper filter that does a real good job.

I have crystal clear water that stays between

68 and 76 degrees and the nitrates, nitrites and

ammonia remain at O and the ph @ 7.5.

I have less than $100 invested and at that it

was well worth the cost.

Archived