Sign in to follow this  
koko

Treating Popeye

If his eyes look like this this is what I would do:)

1. Get a heater and raise them temp to 78F.

2. Get maracyn 2 use that as directed.

3. Use 1/8 of a teaspoon of Epsom salt per 5 gals of water just once with the whole treatment of Maracyn2.

This should be about a weeks treatment.

Then if you can go to http://www.goldfishconnection.com and get the Medigold this is an anitibotic fish food to help this.

post-1-1159926998_thumb.jpeg

Edited by koko

Yes Dede is still kicking it after haveing Popeye once and Dropsy twice :o

I just wonldnt let her give up, and she has always had the will to make it threw anything. Great fish :D

My black moor got popeye a few weeks ago - one eye swelled to about three times the size of the other within a couple of days.

I treated it with Melafix (thinking I could use something stronger later if need be), but actually the Melafix alone completely cured it within a week. Since then, it's occasionally started to bulge again but as soon as it does I just add Melafix for 3 days or so and it goes back down. It's also stopped pop-eye developing in one of my other fish.

Wonderful stuff! (Also excellent for stopping fin/tail rot, healing wounds including ragged fins, and getting rid of bloody streaks).

Guest jiiglypuff

wait...is popeye suppose to be REALLY visible? like... is it suppose to POP?? cuz my fisiesh have like...blue circles on the top of their eyeballs... that looks like their eye is fallign out of the socket (but of course, it's not..)

Guest OrandaSparkles

Oh my goddness i went over my sisters house and her fish got popeye oh dear that poor thing they were full of blood and mouth and gills as well its in quarintine and is on medicine but holy ###### i never seen such a thing. :blink:

yeah once you have seen popeye you never for get it. I can spot it and dropsys so fast in a store now that my Dede has had it twice :cry

Sign in to follow this