Got Baby Pic

I started a new thread because I'm hoping these two pics might help to identify the babies. :unsure:

I've only seen one today though, so not sure if there are any others now.

Anyhow, this is as clear as I can get and remember this baby is millimetres big only .... can you recognise what it is???

Thanks!

Fry1.jpg

Fry2.jpg

Edited by Mariocrazy's Mum

lol, thanks Della, but he's def tropical!! :lol:

He just doesn't look like anything I can recognise! I'm hoping Sandy, Sharon or one of the other 'tropicals' might have seen fry like this at sometime and can tell me what he is. :blink:

kristy, I've never had fry before and dont know what to do!

Also, it's kinda a bit more complicated.

I originally saw two zebra danio's under the filter and so we blocked it off, but one of the danio's still kept trying to get under there .... next thing was that we had two neon's going behind the filter, and they got trapped ... so we moved the filter to get them out, but then they went behind again!!

Well this time they got stuck on the side!

I got one out and the other went into the filter!! I got it out and put it in a bowl, in the tank still ... it was just upside down but fluttering ... well I had to try and save it. poor thing.

The one that I got out first was obviously injured but then I saw two babies come from under the filter... and I thought maybe I had killed any others unknowingly by moving it to save the neons :unsure:

Well next thing is that the damaged Neon (not the one i put in the tub) has disappeared again (under the filter I assume) but I daren't move it to see if the neon is alive incase I squash or kill the babies (maybe the neon is having babies under there??) .... oh, but the other neon, in the tub has now been able to rejoin his friends, we saved him, but he doesn't go near the filter.

So what do i do ????? I would love to keep/save the babies.

:krazy:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/imag...tt=286&ei=UTF-8

Kim, I was curious myself....I pulled up a Yahoo search for tropical's seems there are a few guy's on this page that look a bit like your baby?...Take a look see. :D I have no clue about trop's really just poking aruond a bit. :lol:

Edited by froggydella

Tink, I think he's so cute ...but he just doesn't look like any of the fish!!!

I'm hoping Sandy or sharon or someone will recognise him :)

Della, I dont know if I'm looking at the wrong page? That link takes me to an adult cichild and it's fry?

I dont think he's a cichild :unsure:

Sorry, cant add to my other post ..... but anyhow, I think we've worked out what our baby is!!!

Only problem is, I really dont know what to do to keep him alive ... he's so tiny, I'ld never catch him ... I dont want to move the filter incase I disturb whatever else is going on under there!!! (read my posts above to know what I mean!)

I also think we have a pregnant platy!!! :krazy:

I am soooo not prepared for this ... I have no experience of tropical fish at all!!!

SANDEEEEEEEEEEE ....... HEEEElllppp!!!!! :lol:

you have platties too? could it be a platty fry? :unsure: i looked up danios and tetras, they are egg laying fish so i'd think you would have noticed the eggs. i also looked up pictures for them all and none of them look like that. platties are live bearers and most of the platties i see are orange and black.

for the babies you can get a breeder net or box to put them in. i have some hikari first bites that i'm feeding my guppy fry right now. my other set of guppies i just fed them crushed up tropical flake food. they are 4.5 months old now and having babies! :lol:

Kristy, it's funny you say that because we had come to the conclusion it must be a platy baby, and the reason is the shape of it's tail .... this is the picture that convinced us, but you have to really look as you can see the camera reflection in this shot too!!

I'm pretty much convinced this other platy is pregnant too ... it's the same shape as the others but it has a rounder fatter tummy and it keeps going over to the filter in the same place ~ it just acts funny ~ but not like it's ill.

Anyhow here's the pic .... look at it's tail .... isnt it like a platy?

I will try and get a picture of the 'pregnant' platy later too!

Fry3.jpg

:rolleyes: Babies.....Gotta love them! :lol: Out of the fish you said,did you say Platies?,Now that you've mentioned that,it's my guess anyway,Do you know that it's been a million years since I have had Platies,that I really can't visually remember what the babies looked like. :blink:

it's kinda hard to see, but yea it does look like a platty tail, it's eyes do too, but it's face looks more rounded in the first pic rather than pointed. out of the three guesses i would think platty, but i'm no where close to being a fishie expert so i could be totally wrong.

the other thing to think about is his color and it's size, now i know it's a pic so it probably looks bigger than it really is, but if it's a platty fry from the pics i've seen they look alot like guppy fry, clear with no color so this baby might be a 2-3 weeks old :unsure: not sure how long it takes for them to get color.

Edited by kristysweets

awww Sharon, I was hoping you would have platy's and could recognise this baby!

:lol:

He's such a cutie!

Kristy, we are talking tiny here. I had the camera on macro and I was on the glass taking this pic. The baby has to be mm's in size ... he's not even as big as one CM yet!

Yes, his head is rounded, and that's the bit that makes me unsure, but his tail is like the platy's tails and we have a platy with an orange head and darker body.

Infact it's in this next pic I want to post .... the platy on the bottem is the one we think might be pregnant ... what do you think? (s'cusy the glass reflections!)

PICT0034.jpg

Its deffinately not neon or danio and the only other fish are plattys?

It just doesnt look like a baby platy should do though. Maybe its a case of the ugly duckling but something just isnt right with it, maybe its a bit *special* as they say. Interesting to see how it does as it grows.

yea, it seems a bit long for a platy, they are more bunched up, that first pic reminds me of these little pink sicking loaches you get, but im not sure what they are called.. have you got live plants? you may have had a few eggs come in on them?

:rolleyes: Leave it to Kim to have three types of fish,and yet have babies that don't look as if they belong to any of them! :rofl Hey Kim,do you happen to have a Milkman with a fish tank??????Hmmm????? :yeah::tomuch::rofl3

:rofl3:tomuch: at Sharon!!!

Hmmm, well you would know nothing would go easy with our venture over to the dark side!!!

Also, to make it even harder, we've had/ still got to a degree, computer problems, so not even able to post as we were cycling/ getting the fish etc ...so it's all been a stumble in the dark really. had to rely on LFS!!! :yikes

Anyhow, we also have a couple of catfish (corydora, Sandy advised, and we love those little guys so much!! They are the cutest!) ... the guppies died, but he dont look like a catfish either.

Nope, no live plants ... so I cant see where he's come from .... like you say though, be interesting to see how he turns out!

Shark maybe? :r030: