Baby Shock!

Well Tom and I went with the tropical tank in the end ... it hasn't been up and running (with the fish) too long, and we have had 3 casulties (Guppies, we weren't told they aren't happy in low PH water) BUT .... we have seen some tiny babies hiding round the filter!! What a shock! We had no idea!!

They are so tiny it's hard to get a good look at them ... they are like tiny orangy coloured heads and black bodies?? or that's what they look like.

I am suspicious of them being either Zebra danio fry or tetra neon ....

Can anyone recognise the description and guess which they might be?

Thanks!

:)

Thanks Kristy! :)

Yep, i didn't think they could be guppies as they dont like our PH, but our actual water qualty is good at the moment, and I've seen Zebra Danio's under the filter and also we had problems with some Neons getting under it too ...and that's where the babies are lurking ..... so I'm not sure who has had the babies! :blink:

yeah, I did think about that, but they are really tiny, so I dont think it would be too easy to see them, plus not easy to pick out against the black filter.

I was just hoping if someone else has had fry from either Neon's or Danios that they might recognise my descriptions. :)

I will see if I can get any pics of them though ... and if I do, I'll post them.

:lol: Live -Bearing Fish!! You gotta love them Kim. :D They don't sound like any of the parents to me :krazy: .....Orange heads,black bodies....hmmm???? Let me think...--Oh Congrats by the way. :D

The only tetra i can think of with that description is harlequins.

but baby guppies can look a bit orangey,

and if they are born in a tank with a low ph it is possible that you are seeing some fry that have adaptive to the water same thing happened to me years ago

i had great water then been a silly sod i put a house brick in the tank(thinking it would look good it was my very first tank) i lost most of my adult fish but quit a few of the young made and did well

anyhow good luck with the new baby's it will be a joy watching them grow that way you defiantly know who the parents are