Sign in to follow this  
Sorsha

1 Day Old Fry

I went on a trip to Atlanta this past weekend, and when i came back i noticed my filters were not really pushing any water, so today i decided to clean them, and instead of spraying them off outside with the hose, i took em to the sink.

Lo and behold they were FILLED with eggs!!!! SO, i ran around the house like a chicken with its head off trying to find as large a tupperware container i could! I ended up using the lids to cake containers. LOL.

SO, i filled it with water, turned the material part of the filters over and shimmed them in the water.

Unfortunately about 90% of the fry did not make it :(

BUT, alot of them did, so its kind of like an early culling...

So, my sister donated her 20long to my cause, and i rushed around cleaning and getting it ready for them.

I mixed the water from my main tank in with fresh water and ive shifted the lil guys over.

As you can see, they are TINY, no more than lines with eyes. Ive got probably about 20 that are swimming. Ive already removed those with damages to their heads. so so sad...

BUT, ive already ordered a hood for the tank, which im hoping will be here soon, ive got some lights set up pointed at the tank, and ive already got the brine shrimp hatchery going for my 2 month old fry.

so here you guys ago! ANOTHER group of miracle babies:

heres one lil guy:

IMG_1376.jpg

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Hopefully tomorrow they will start eating.

That's indeed a miracle story!

Congrats on ur fries!!

well you go hot momma...lolbest wishes to you and your fry

IMG_1389.jpg

here is day two guys!!!

ill keep you all posted, hopefully koko will see this soon. :-D Im so proud! And really surprised to have more babies so soon.

Im already putting together a diary of the fry :) so we shall see whats going on.

Congrats!! :heart:D

Thankyou!!! I have already found a home for one little guy. but i dont know if i am going to be able to part with any of them!

Im on the look though for any used tanks going really really cheap though.

I love my goldies!

I have seven fry and I was going to give some of them to my LFS; but now I don't think I can do that, how could I choose... ?? I've found names for them, they are SOOOOOOO cute...

yea i am a friend to the manager at the vvvv, and he raises goldies himself and i was hoping to catch him yesterday to see if he might be interested. but i didnt catch him :-\

Id have to go in and check on them daily. it would drive me nuts im sure!

Thank you tinkerbell!

Today makes day 5, and after a fry count i have about 18-20. So if i lost any it isnt many!

Im SO excited. My fry from the last breeding is turning out beautiful!

IMG_1409.jpg

I cant wait to see if they end up being the mixture of fantail and oranda like that one, or if they will show favoritism to another!

My babies have made it to day 11!!!!!!

IMG_1811_1.jpg

IMG_1801_1.jpg

Wow those pics are amazingly clear!! Thanks for sharing!

Awwwwwww So cute Sorsha!! I can just imagine your excitement when you came home to find EGGS!! YAY! :bounce

Such a change they have gone through already, I can't wait to see more pic's. They look wonderful.

Congrats Hun! :heart

Ive been working on like a photo diary of the fry and their progression with some really good photos. Ill post it up here as soon as i can :-D

Ive been having to rinse 1 day old eggs off my filter all this week too! atleast i know my goldies are happy!!!!