Stands

Lynn

I am going to set up a 55g tank, but not on a stand. Can I just put it on the floor. The floor is carpet and I will put in on a stand later. The stand has to be specal make because of the roof. I don't have small kids and the only one who would get in it is my daughter and she is ten. I will deal with her, by her own tank. :lol

You can put it on the floor it will just be hard for you to see your fish. A 55 gallon fish tank filled with water is quite heavy ( i mean very very heavy :thud ).

You'll have a hard time putting it on a stand later not unless you empty all the water from it and thats not good cuz then you'll have to re-cycle your water and that can be stressfull to your fish.

Guest Luke Anderson

keeping a tank on carpet means you will haev to be extremelly careful not to spill even the littlest amount of water, or molds will grow :ymmu

I put an extra bit of carpet under the tank. I would like to show you guys my tank, not sure how. As for not seeing the fish, I am a floor person. I love to lay in the floor and look at them. :lol

Archived