My Funny Little Celestial

JenW

Well, this is my latest additon - a baby celestial to be company for my other young(ish) celestial :heart

I still don't have a name for him yet so any suggestions would be fabulous :D

newbaby.jpg

baby2.jpg

11.jpg

And this is my other celectial (Maddie) who I hope he'll become great pals with :D

celest1.jpg

Guest greenhands

Yes! Celestials are my favorite goldies. :) They have such sweet personalities, don't they?

Your new guy has a beautiful red color. Maddie has nice flowing fins also. :) I bet they'll love each other.

My guy's name is Mr. Peepers... I'm sure he wouldn't mind an Aussie counterpart!

I like Skeeter :D

I love Celestials. They remind me of a comic character or a fraggle. I tend to like comical looking animals and these are definitely one of my fav.

We went to vvvv yesterday and they had some, but during the 20 minutes I was there, we counted over 20 dead fish :( SO...I will keep looking. The buyer at the LFS said spring would be a good time and he will pick me out some good ones :D

Howbout Ares? he looks so brilliant like that! or if its a girl i would name it Celest or Angie! but i usually name my fish strange stuff, they are all named after drinks. I think if i had him I would name him Merlot because he is so nnicce and reed!Cherry is also a cute name.

Thanks guys and I think the name Merlot is great, I also like the name Skeeter <hmmm> :D

I always thought they looked strange before and then I saw pictures of Daryl's celestials and thought I really want one ... :D

I hope you find a nice one Persimmon - they're lovely fish :heart

:newfish Congrats on your new baby! :) He is wonderful :heart I have been looking for one. I have all but given up on finding new fish lately, as each time I go to the LFS there seems to be so many dead fish or really visible signs on disease in the tanks. :angry: And I have four LFS to choose from and they all seem bad right now.

Not real sure whats going on but its sad not to have a place to find healthy fish. :exactly

I hope you find a nice one Persimmon - they're lovely fish? :heart

456193[/snapback]

Thank you! I am dying to get a few...but will probably have to wait until we move......which would give me more wall space :D

Whenever I do see them, all I can do is giggle and laugh. People probably think I am loony :krazy:

What a gorgeous fish! Your pix are so perfect he doesn't look real! :heart

He was just born for the camera - look at those poses! He's a natural!

I just love celestials - If I ever have room for another tank, I would like to get two!

I am all goofy for the funny eyed fish!

Actaully, I like the name Persimmon!!! :rofl (hope you don't mind, Persimmon)!

He is about that color... And it reminds me of Perseus and Paris and all those classics names...

But, Merlot sounds really great with Maddie and is a great name, too! :D

More PIX!

Thanks guys :heart and LOL graham - he photographs well. He almost looks scaleless in the pics unlike Maddy who's showing every little lump and bump (God bless her) :D

Oh no, i can't seem to get the name Percy outta my head now :lol:

very very cute, i love celestials aswell, i have one boy that was no bigger then my pinky finger when i got him about 1 .5 years ago, and now he is huge at least 6 inches and the girth width is about 2 inches, and he has been one of my most hardiest fish, never ever a problem with him. best fish in health and temprement. :) thumbs up for cellies.

very very cute, i love celestials aswell, i have one boy that was no bigger then my pinky finger when i got him about 1 .5 years ago, and now he is huge  at least 6 inches and the girth width is about 2 inches,  and he has been one of my most hardiest fish, never ever a problem with him.  best fish in health and temprement. :)   thumbs up for cellies.

456810[/snapback]

OMG! I didn't know they could get this big! How big can they get?

i'm not sure but i think they can get quiet big, my guy looks like a pond fish now, lol. but they are very beautiful even when big, try to protect there eyes, as a small knock can disfure them, or make them uneven.

Archived