Pet Store Marketing Team Strikes Again

balashark

anywhoo. went in to the pet store today: fish sale on tetras, plattys, and mollys i think; 10 for $10. now if you've got a big enough cycled aquarium with the stocking space, sure add 10 fish at once. but you know darn well people are gonna be coming in there, buying the little 2 gallon bowfront with 20 goldfish painted on the box, and take that home to add their 10 new fishies in. kudos to them on that bright sale idea.

i've got a better one for 'em. "buy a good sized aquarium, and we'll tell you what all you need to take care of it!!!" :)

aight, my rant is over :krazy:

anyone looking for small schooling fish on sale, get your pet perks club card and head on out.

yeesh. I hope they are informing their lucky customers. My LFS's never really have sales...The Ocean Floor occasionally does, but its no more than buy two get one free. Got my pet perks card ;)

Right before my old fish store gets in new fish, they have a tank of 88 cent fish. Mostly tropicals but Ive seen baby goldies in there too. :yikes I got my baby blue oranda, Matrix(rip) from one once.

but you know darn well people are gonna be coming in there, buying the little 2 gallon bowfront with 20 goldfish painted on the box, and take that home to add their 10 new fishies in.

*sniff* That's so stupid those places show the images of the tank very overcrowded :( On Christmas, my grandma had bought my aunt a very pretty decorative fish bowl (it's on a small metal stand with a kitting that attatches to the outside of the bowl so it looks like it's fishing LoL.. very cute), but on the cover they had 2 rather large goldfish crammed into the bowl which looked definatly no larger than 2 gallons :( (I think they are actually going to put a goldfish in there too -_- I kept hinting at a betta instead while my aunt was looking at my betta and I hope they go that way rather than a goldfish -_- Not much room still, but at least a betta won't outgrow the bowl or get it as filthy *sniff*)

At a local lfs near me they had male Bettas at buy one get one free for a "Super Saturday sale" Now tell me if that sounds like a bright idea :wa

They had a sale like that at one of my local stores too. All their bettas were combtails and crowntails.I even saw some DR crowntails. Too bad the bettas looked so cool. I bet a lot of kids bought them cus the next time I went they were all gone.

• 2 weeks later...

On a good note my local fish store does this instead

buy this ?300 tank and get ?20 of fish and trust me these are big tanks. Must be touching the 100gallon mark if not more *drawl*

Archived