Trichlorphon Safe For Plants And Biobugs?

kat

Hi all,

I'm a bit hazy on this as it's not written in the product description... I'm trying to eliminate possible flukes (again) in my final tank. I have my emergency Para-Ex tablets with trichlorphon as the main ingredient.

Is this safe to dose in my final (non hospital) cycled tank? Is it safe for the plants in there? I know prazi is.

Hi Kat - I used para-ex to destroy lice eggs in my main tank a while ago and it did no damage to either the filter or my plants. All I did was switched off my main filter and removed the carbon from my hang on filter (this was to try to keep as much of the medication in the tank... )

You say again? :crp Are your fish displaying symptoms of a reinfestation?

Coo, thanks for your reply JenWl. I know para-ex (trichlorphon) is quite nasty for you...not supposed to touch for your nerves sake etc.

I have a large external filter...do you think I should turn them off? There's so gonna be lots of flukes there...and I don't want existing bio bugs there to die when the filter is turned off.

What do I do? I don't have carbon in there so maybe it's ok. I always thought that organophosphates kill invertebrates and parasites like that...just wasn't sure if the good bacteria are invertebrates too :)

Archived