Poor Wilbur - Neighbours Were About To Flush Him

JenW

You know, Melbourne's a lot like Sydney - you're lucky if you can find nice/different fish and i've not seen one in any Sydney outlets for a long time. I have another blue called Fatchops which I adopted from my brother. He was also in a bad way which is why my brother took him.

I'm hoping they can become good mates as time goes one and once he comes out of quarantine.

Sheesh - looking around my room I have way too many quarantine tanks :D

Next I gotta show you my new baby celestial :D

Lucky Wilbur. The last survivor too. He's a beaut. On the same horror level I was at a friends and saw her scoop up a fish that was floating upside down in her teeny bowl (who could blame him) and throw it down the kitchen sink! Iwas speechless and unfortunately too late to do anything. She was making pizza a way away from me and it was all too quick. I feel terrible! You did good.

OMG great save!!!! I can't believe they were gonan flush such a cute guy :angry: I'm so happy he's in your hands now, I know you'll take super care of him :D:heart

oooh you have a celestial??!! I :heart them! We had a black one first called Upskirts who never really thrived. Then an orange one. Same story. Are they difficult to keep happy? I really want another one, but not if it won't thrive in our tank.

The reason I got another one is i already have one that has to have a tank by himself... otherwise he would starve. He's always last to get to the food (poor thing)....

So hopefully my new baby will be good company for him :D

WoW! What a wonderful save - thank the gods that you have some serious karma for being in the right place at the right time! :D

Wilbur is absolutley the sweetest little fish! I can't wait to see his little personality come out under your loving care! :heart

I cannot even flush a fish that has died *shudders* - I simply cannot imagine how anyone can do that to a living fish!?!?! BTW - I am sure you neighbor is otherwise a nice guy, but if he wants his fish back - you can tell him to come talk to me! :o:ignore (jk) Just in case he doesn't get it through the humanitarian explanation, perhaps explaining to him that you just saved him hundreds, maybe more, in plumbing bills will work! I don't know about your house, but five inches of solid matter will not flush down our toilets! :rofl So, this worked out for everyone!

How is the little big now? I can't believe he is five inches becuase he looks so little being so sheepish...

In body he's really only about 3 inches and as i look over at him, he's racing up and down over the bubble wall in his tank (he's on his own for now) :D This is a relief because he's been fairly inactive and now you can't hold him down.

He ate from my fingers tonigh which was so nice :heart I think he's finally doing real well.

I'll definitely post some more pics of him in a few weeks when he enters the domain of my 60 gallon. Hopefully he'll enjoy his new tankmates... and thankfully they're all gentle fish :D

I'm still chuckling over how I can say to my neighbour "well now I saved you loads in plumbing especially as 5 inches of solid matter won't go away easily in Graham's toilet" - hilarious :rofl

Barb - he's going to call you reverse charges :rofl

Archived