Poor Wilbur - Neighbours Were About To Flush Him

JenW

A few days ago I was up the front of my house bringin in the ol bins when one of my neighbours waved at me from across the street. I yelled out "Howz it going?" so he came over for a chat. Seems he kept goldies but lost a few from basic disinterest/neglect/lack of knowledge and was about to flush his last one down the loo. I asked if it was dead and he said no - but almost... then said it was pointless prolonging its agony which is why he was going to flush it.

I asked if he'd mind whether I could take a look - and that's when I met Wilbur. He was flipped on his back, floating on the surface of the small tank - which was in a bad way. The water was fairly unkempt etc... So I asked if he'd mind whether I took him? So home he came :D

There's really nothing like good water to revive an ailing fish and I wasn't sure what state he would be in but he's doing so well :D

Anyhow, I thought I'd share some pics of this beautiful little guy :heart

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

wilbur.jpg

what a sweet little guy!!!! how could someone want to flush him....... bless his little fins!!!!

good for you jen...... make sure you tell your neighbour how well he is now :)

good on ya :D

I cant believe he was going to flush the poor little guy. Just as well he saw you first. Well done for being in the right place at the right time for Wilbur.

He is cute isnt he? :heart

Jen what a precious little blue oranda!!! And they were going to flush him............how terrible.

I am glad he is with you now, such a cutie he is!!!

:o How do people just "flush" their fish?? Wilbur has the cutest face jen! Quite adorable,he is!!!I love his markings. How big is Wilbur?His face looks so scared and unsure.....I can't wait to see him smiling! :heart Thank god you were there when you were-hopefully Wilbur blooms overnite from all he deserves. :exactly

Thanks guys - he really is the cutest :heart

Sharon, he's about 5 inches in size (including tail) so he's not tiny. He's also still really scared - poor little thing although he's just started eating which is a real relief :D

I think the reason he was floating was too much unsoaked flake food - and all after a period of not eating (the family that had him had been away on holiday)... so he's been eating some gel food and the floating has reduced a bit :D

I'll take more pics of him when he's smiling :D

Congrats to you too sandy :D

And fondoo - he's a good lookin little guy. He's a blue oranda and has some wonderful gold markings... I don't think you can go wrong with a lovely little guy like this :D

He reminds me a lot of Barb's little Blue who passed away... :heart

Honestly Tru - I still can't believe it. The flushing is bad enough but while still alive? Makes me shudder just thinking about it :crp I guess things really do happen for a reason :D

:heart Wilber!!! :heart

He is sooooo adorable. I dont know how anyone could just flush such a perfectly beautiful and adorable little blue oranda.

Archived