New Plants :)

Amy

I'm not sure what these plants are....hornworts? I saw them in the FatGoldfishGuy's tank and they looked so soft and gentle that I knew I wanted them...I finally went to the pet store and bought myself some yesterday. Made a miniforest in the tank with them and my fishes love swimming through and around the pants :D

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

Awwww, how cute, Amy! Now your fishies are gonna be hiding all the time! :lol: I wish I could help you on the type of plant it is. Definately not moneywort, I'm familiar with those.

Watch out, if those are goldie edible, they're gonna get munched on a LOT.

It always happens in my tanks at least, I spend money to decorate and BAM! Archie's eating all of them! As long as he's happy though, it doesn't bother me. (as long as he doesn't munch on my bamboo, but I doubt that.) :D

the green fluffy one is green cabomba.. (have i spelt that wrong? it just doesnt look right.)

iv never had any luck with tha red fluffy one, i dont know what it is either, but it seems to rot at the bottom and foat to the top then get eaten..

anyhow, ver cool pics and fish! :D

The plants have created a nice forest atmosphere in your tank :D Your fish will be having a ball swimming through and around the plants :lol: I had a bare tank for 3 months because I fell ill and couldn't tend to my tanks. When I started feeling better I was able to add some plants and my fish seem alot happier. Frolicking in plants helps with GF boredom I think :)

Thanks Lucy..at least I have a lead for their identity now.

Oh yeah, they love their plants. They were playing hide and seek all day :D

you can put neons in your tank? didnt knew that lol i guss you can put almoust anything in the tank as long as you fish doesnt eat it;)

454124[/snapback]

As a general rule,you really shoul'nt add Tropical fish to your Goldie tank.Trops really have different requirements,and chances are that eventually,they will get eaten. :blink:

I know sharon but these neons were a rescue (from my brother who stuck about 7 of them in a little 1/2 gal cuz he didnt know any better). At the time I didnt have anywhere to put them but with my goldies and they've lived happily with my goldies for 2 years now :blink: They're a little over 2" so they're too big for the goldies to eat...yet.. :D

Archived