Sign in to follow this  
Guest sarah_au

Best Comerical Goldfish Food.

Guest sarah_au

i was given 4 fantails for xmas along with "ALIVE-O; gold fish flakes" (seen them sold in k-mart cheaply).

:yeah: i've never had goldfish before, but im not new to fish keeping ( tropicals; tiger oscar, discus, angelfish...etc).

What is the best comerical brand of goldie food?

Also what are ur feeding habits? (ie vege 4 times a week, livefood 2twice...etc)

ALSO big thanks to KOKO's website :D didn't know much about goldies, so this site has been a big help :heart

I like Hikari Lionhead, it's a good growth food for all goldies not just lionheads. And it's a sinking pellet which is good too =o)

Welcome to Koko's.

Jessica

I like ProGold from Goldfish Connection. He also has Shrimp Pellets and nice Spirilana processed flakes that do not fall apart and cloud the water.

Welcome!!! I too like Progold and spirulina from goldfish connection. Along with fresh veggies, my fish love them.

I used to feed Wardley flakes and will not again. My fish have hardly grown in 6 months. (no they arent overstocked or stunted) So now I have switched to Hikari Oranda Gold for my wened fish and Hikari Gold for the others. It is way more pricey, but I want my babies to GROW!!!!

Guest om on the range

I currently feed my fish O.S.I. goldfish flakes and they seem to be doing well.

Will definitely have to check out the Hikari though

I feed them a mix of wardley flakes, goldfish crumbles, tetra flakes, nutrafin flakes, freeze dried blood worms and brine shrimp and the ocassional vege.

I feed them Hikari lionhead, Progold, Shrimp pellets,Spirulina flakes, Seafood flakes, BioBlend and peas. :D

Wow, you guys have variety. :o Mine gets wardely pellets, oranges, sometimes veggies, frz dried bloodworms. I also have a small sample of tetra fin flakes. :)

hikari lionhead, hikari oranda gold, hikari wheat germ, local frozen blood worms, tetra gold, sera goldy, peas and lettuce. I use all them alternately. They are growing fast!