New Panda Oranda And Decor Of Tank!

Stacyy

OK before all the people who told me not to get a new fish freak out juuust listen first cuz i actually need a bit of help on this. It was my nameday a couple of weeks ago and my mom decided today after I redecorated my tank to surprise me with the most beautiful panda oranda with a looooong veiltail! I was absolutely stunned when she brought the bag home and didnt know what to do. for those who dont my situation I have one 20 gallon tank with 4 fishies ( overstocked) and another tank with 2 gallons (empty). I put Bordeaux (new name) into the 2 gallon for the meantime and decide a bit later what to do. Here are a few pics of her, she has quite a wen, not huge but pretty big, i dont think you can see it in these pics. can someone confirm if she is a panda oranda? my mom says thats what they selled it to her as:

119244963.img.jpg

and another one:she has a really long tail!

I took a pic of the tank so that you can see what it looks like. shes all alone :(

119250984.img.jpg

Ok now my 20 gallon, i put three real plants inside really easy to take care of, and I put in a small blue case upon the glass next to the filter with carbon dioxide pellets, I put fertilizer liquid in every third day and I have two lights on the hood of my tank that are made specially for plant growth, i need to have them lit at least 8-10 hours a day. just so whoever wants to do this can know :D !

119245038.img.jpg

119245005.img.jpg

119251013.img.jpg

Thats all folks! please tell me if you like the fish and the new decor in the tank!! any questions about how I set it up im here!

oops edit, last picture of Bordeaux's cute face!

119256534.img.jpg

Guest fishykisses

She's cute :D

But I could of sworn the general rule of goldfish was one for twenty gallons and ten for every other goldfish added?

:) Bordeaux's really a cutie! I won't go on about the tank being too small, as I believe you already know that. I would try to get him in a bigger tank as soon as possible. Change the water in that 2 gal tank alot as it will get dirty very, very fast!

Good luck with him and thanks for sharing the nice pics. :)

Guest fishykisses

Oh ok. Can't you just put her in a tub for the time being? They sell ten gallon tubs at W.a.l.m.a.r.t for like $5.

I can't imagine living in something that'd small.

Sorry I don't mean to nag. :wacko:

Guest fishykisses

Well any warehouse type store that sells garden things and such would probably have tubs of some sort. You could also try dollar stores and thrift shops. But other then that I don't really know.

Good luck and remember to clean her tank a lot. :)

Target has those rubbermaids too! Maybe try getting a 30 gallon tub instead, and switch all your fishies around so they all have ten gallons each. Its not too much more, maybe about $15 :) Your new fish is pretty!

did you tell your mum you couldnt get another?

sorry i cant see the pics (i could at college earlia though so il take a peek tomorrow, something must be blocking me on here :rolleyes: )..

You realise how much work you are gonna have to do if you dont updgrade in the next couple of weeks or so?

OK everybody here is the news: on friday im going to the petshop to officially buy a 10 gallon tank exclusively for Bordeaux! gosh I cant stand seeing her in that tiny thing! hehe now Im going to have two big tanks in my tiny room! nah my mom didnt know she thinks that the size of the tank doesnt matter and you can keep a bunch in one! but I'm happy that she got this for me. sad news is i probably wont be able to get that bubble eye for a long time now but thats ok because this new one is beautifuL!

Awwwww She is adorable Stacyy!!! :) I love the set up you have going on there!! Looks great. Nope....I'm not gonna nag at you about tank size and all that jazz..Your smart enough that you'll figure all that out! :D

I love that little purple plant you have in the corner of the 20gal!! Very cool, So Beroudoux has a new 10 gal home now right? I have my pebbles alone with her snail buddies and she seems fine in there for the time being. I hold myself back from getting anymore....Those guy's make a big enough mess for me as it is!!!! ^_^

Congrats and good for you!

I love how you decorated your tank...I may steal a few ideas as I just got a 44 gallon pentagon today and trying to figure out how to pretty-fy it :rolleyes:

Beautiful fishy!!! Glad everything is working out.

Love the name Bordeaux!

S~

oh you can keep them with snails and stuff? wow cool i didnt know that! thanks everyone! my fish seem happy with this new decor and stuff i recommend anybody who doesnt have real plants get them if they want because they really help the tank and the fishies!!

Archived