I Want A Baby!

Jeana727

When I got my big tank I went out and got two baby fishies! Or what I thought where babies...because they are small. But from what I have been told that doesn't necessarily mean they are babies!

Where can I get a for real BABY! I'd kinda like an Oranda, Lionhead or Ranchu. It doesn't have to be a "show" kind of fish. Just a pet for me to care for & watch grow into a big ole football!!!

Any ideas????

Edited by Jeana727

Keep a look out, I've heard of a lot of 1/2"-1" fish sold in shops. You can certainly get baby comons, but that's not what you are looking for. Try looking for a local breeder or go to a show. Ask if you could buy a baby from them, and that you are not wanting show quality. I'm sure they'd be fine with that, because I know many baby fish from show breeders are culled for not being perfect.

Edited by Kissy

Do you have a astore you can trust? Just ask them to pick one out for you. I have celestials lined up for when I move and plan on setting up another tank, and another large bubble eye course. I just started asking the 2 places I liked if they could do that for me and they said spring would be a good time.

I have only recently thought of it. So I haven't investigated much. The only petstores around here are..... well......you know the two biggies. I have to look carefully just to get a semi-healthy fish. I don't know if I have really EVER seen tiny fry! I am going to keep looking around. If ya'll have any ideas LMK!!! :)

It's rare to find babies of any kind at pet stores unless the babies were born in the pet store. Try asking the pet store if they know anyone who breeds the kind of fish your looking for. Or try to find your local fish/aquarium club. There are a lot of hobbiest that like to breed fish for the fun of it. Who would be willing to almost give their babies away to a good home. You just have find them.