Sign in to follow this  
GFandy

New Goldfish!

well as you may or may not know from my other thread i have 2 new buddies from Pacific Aquarium on Delancy St in NYC. The store is awesome, the people are friendly, its kinda hard to find if your not looking, its a yellow small storefront, the only yellow one in its immediate area.

I got a greenish ranchu and a blue oranda

I need help coming up with names for them.

The pictures are from above because my aquarium is growing green algae which should indicate to me if they are sick or not.

I'll get some good side view pics once i clean out another aquarium or get rid of the green algae.

post-6763-1136161600_thumb.jpg

post-6763-1136161612_thumb.jpg

i have some better pics now

they need names

100_1576.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1577.jpg

100_1585.jpg

I'm not sure about the white spots in the above picture, i'm not sure if they're just the white things that show an actively growing head growth or if its some kind of fungus or something, any info is appreciated

thanks for looking

Beautiful fish, GFandy! :heart

Makes me wanna go to Pacific Aquarium!!!

The white might be fungus but it could also be headgrowth. Ill let an expert answer that one! :D

:) They are both beautiful! :newfish Can you keep these two types together in the same tank? I would really like to know!

As for the white area I hope someone with more knowledge pipes in as I have passed on a few fish in the past because I was not sure what that was.

Good luck with your new babies. :heart

:heart I absolutely love that 2nd pic! They're quite the cutie pies! :heart That was a great pic. Looks to me like it may be a bit of #Wen growth.Just keep your Params spot on,and keep an eye on it. Congrats on the awesome fish! :exactly

thanks for the nice comments guys =)

vmlola i believe they can be kept together

thankgoodness that its headgrowth and not something bad, such a big relief!! lol

i'll keep the params good and i hope that the headgrowth will grow lots =)

Cute goldfish! Have you come up with any names yet? If not what about Kermit for the greenish fishy and Steel for the blue one (ya know then he/she would be Blue Steel like from Zoolander! ok I may be a bit tired but I thought it was cute!) I'm glad you finally found the fish you were looking for!

Wow! you have nice looking fish there.

As for the white spot it looks like wen growth. That is what my orandas head looks like when new growth happen. As Devs said just keep your water parameters spot on and an eye on your fish :exactly

thanks 2befree,

i will try to keep water params up but poor little guy is sick, which will make things harder :(

Congrats on the new fishies! I think it's head growth cuz my oranda went through that last week! Wait for a couple of days and see if it goes away :)

thankss

fondoo i love watching your goldfish on your web cam,

i've always wondered how you do that, what equipment do you need, and do ya have to pay for the website?

thanks for the info

Beautiful :heart

kewl looking gfish you got... congrats ! :D