White "worms"

mailboxck

I've noticed some tiny "worm" on the glass of my tanks. They're white and around 3mm long each. There are tons of them covering my tank! But what's amazing is that they disappear after a few hours when i turn the lights on. What are they? I have no idea why they disappear. But no bad effects to my goldfish :)

:rolleyes: I'm not crazy about those little bugger's! :lol: I use to see them every once in a while in my Clawed frog tank.AS Tam said,some good gravel Vac cleaning,and I added a few water changes,and all will disappear. :)

It's not really strange,Gravel makes it worse,but you don't necessarily have to have gravel>Planeria usually shows up when there's too much food laying around the tank. :)

I *think* those may be the same thingies that were attached to my crayfish. They do not harm the crayfish and they dont attach themselves to goldfish. I think they are a kind of parasite though, arent they?

Kind of I guess. The weird thing is I never had them before until I transfered the tank to the other side of my room which required me to empty the tank and fill it up again.

Another weird thing is why do they die off when I turn on the lights? I'd see them in the thousands in the morning and they'd be gone by night. But they'd come back again the next morning.

Archived