Sign in to follow this  
Marx

Some Of My Goldfish

My baby lionhead is one of the cutest goldfish I know so I made some pictures of this little guy. :heart

Close up:

naamloos.jpg

Feeding in the gravel:

marc128.jpg

marc098.jpg

My fantail with some non transparant scales that make him shine like gold.

marc122.jpg

And last but not least a mirrorscale goldfish. Never seen them before so I had to buy him. I'm glad I did beceause I never saw one again and think it's quite unique. Maybe in the future I'll try to breed this trade into a fantail. I had to paint his eye beceause his eyes are always blue on a pic :huh:

marc126.jpg

Edited by Marx

I agree the mirror-scaled one is certainly very unique! Only seen those type of scales in koi and european carp.

If u do succeed in breeding the goldfish it'll be awesome! Imagine....mirror-scaled ranchu....mirror-scaled oranda..... :druel

I agree the mirror-scaled one is certainly very unique! Only seen those type of scales in koi and european carp.

If u do succeed in breeding the goldfish it'll be awesome! Imagine....mirror-scaled ranchu....mirror-scaled oranda..... :druel

444043[/snapback]

I hope he's not a cross with a carp beceause if he is he will be sterile. :crp

444043[/snapback]

444044[/snapback]

really? i read in koivet that koi/goldfish hybird is not sterile :rolleyes:

444043[/snapback]

444044[/snapback]

really? i read in koivet that koi/goldfish hybird is not sterile :rolleyes:

444047[/snapback]

I hope so, beceause a fantail with a row of very big scales will be stunning. A calico or a lionhead with a nice row of scales is a collectors item :ignore

Can I book the first offspring mirror-scale fantail from u? :lol:

444051[/snapback]

You can, but they have to travel a long distance beceause I live in the Netherlands :D

Yikes, that would be a long ride for a fish!!

Very neat looking fish. I've never seen one like that but I'd love to see pics if you are successful in breeding it with another fish!!

Good luck!

Beautiful Marx!! :)

Your mirrorscale is very pretty indeed!! I had never heard of that breed until now, What a intresting looking guy. Great pics. :exactly

Yah, I heard that koi/goldfish crosses were steryl also. He does have the body shape similar to a koi...but koi/goldfish crosses also have barbels so who knows! Maybe only a very large percent are steryl and one of his parents was a hybrid that was not steryl, while the other parent was a goldfish?

I just hope he's not sterile and breeds with my oranda or black moor this spring ;) I'll put him and a female fancy in a small pond with no other fish and see what happens the next summer. He is 5 inch at the moment and growing well. The only problem he has is that he was extremely skinny when I bought him and is still a bit skinny. He just won't get fat <_<

Gorgeous fishys!! Ive never seen a mirrorscale before! I bet they are much more beautiful in person! Goodluck with the breeding!! :D