Betta Pics

Occy

Ok - george is now in his own tank. Only prob is that that the filter pictured is WAYYY too noisy so Im getting another Mozoo 150 - quite honestly from everything I have read betta's don't like too strong a current so a 150L p/h filter should be enough for a 20 L tank which holds about 18L of actual water (I dont fill to the top and considering all the rocks etc. And I syphon at least once a week.

His Bruceness

Image1.jpg

The two betta tanks

Image2.jpg

Pick the dominant male *g*

Image3.jpg

More bruce (I must get some proper lighting in this room...but it is a grey day outside...

Image4.jpg

Bruce in all his glory

Image5.jpg

That ever popular plant fish...or is that a fish tailed plant?

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Edited by Occy

Top view of George's Slytherin tank (well yknow...little castle and green gravel...

Image8.jpg

George's tank - side view

Image11.jpg

Bruce's tank - top view

Image12.jpg

George - I really like this pic even though it's blurry...just something about the composition!

Image9.jpg

George - still need a background for the tanks

Image10.jpg

And if you look carefully at those pics you might be able to spot Gary and Mildred

Edited by Occy

:D The boys are pretty-the set-ups are looking good.The only thing that Id worry about is finding proper lids for the tanks if you don't have any.Betta's have been known to jump-rather well. :o

thanks guys...

Both tanks have glass lids - just took em off for photo purposes.

I have a patch of white stuff above the water level...looks like someone sneezed on the tank...thats overnight...is that mildred laying eggs? she is an apple snail.

George is making bubble nests like crazy...poor frustrated fish!

I have a patch of white stuff above the water level...looks like someone sneezed on the tank...thats overnight...is that mildred laying eggs? she is an apple snail.

It very well could be! I dont know what you consider "someone sneezing on the tank" looks like :rofl but its a good chance its an egg clutch. Do you know what kind of apple snail she is?? Is there a male in the tank with her?? If you really want to know - mabey you could take a picture to show us?? Good luck with the potential new babies, and let us know if you need a hand taking care of the eggs.

Beautiful fishys by the way!! :D

Thanks guys - koko - I despise the idea of keeping bettas in tiny little boxes - what sort of life is that for ANY animal?

Ok - I think the "sneeze" was just condensation on the side of the tank

Poor fishies - neither have a filter right now - Im waiting on a new mini filter for george and bruce's filter is making funny noises

Bruce is a lot more active now that george is around and they get a bit of time each day to flare at each other - i have a piece of paper between the tanks otherwise

George likes to sleep on top of his plant and bruce has taken to sleeping on his bit of driftwood LOL

:D Good! I feel better knowing that both have tank lids.I've heard way too many sad stories about Betta's being found on the floor. :exactly Is Bruce's filter new? I used the same kind in a few of my smaller Betta tanks before.Hopefully the pumps not going on it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...