Pics Of My 300g Reef

Reef Man

Thought you might like to see some shots of my 300g reef....Hope you like them...

Here is a pic of a couple buddies hanging around..

JHANGIN070405a.jpg

Here is a side shot of my system....

EV070405a.jpg

Here is s picture of my Bartlett's Anthias...

BA050605a.jpg

Here is my green bubble coral...

BC050405a.jpg

Another side view....

300041305d.jpg

Green carpet coral....

LPSGC030405a1b.jpg

Some zoa's...

SV2082305b.jpg

Better quit....don't want to bore anyone....

Thanks for letting me share some shots!!!!!

Thanks.... Hi Koko....Love the look here....Wonderful job.... Just wanted to see how it was going over here....

Here is a shot of my tank.... I call these next photo's my tank with its skirts up!!!

Here is the lighting....5- 250 watt DE.. MH 14K 1250 total watts....

MH250DE.jpg

Here is the underside....

FTS080405d.jpg

Some more shots of the tank open...

FTS080405a.jpg

FTS080405b.jpg

75 gal Refugium...

RS041905.jpg

Chiller..AC041905.jpg

A couple more fun shots...

Male Watanabei...angle and female...The big striped one is the male..

MWA061105a1.jpg

FWA061105.jpg

There you go....

• Admin

man that is one impressive tank hun....by the way what is that aqutica box under the tank?

Thanks for the site complent, I went over to see you guys and man its look good over there great xmas skin for the board :D

Thanks....yes the skin is nice....We always look forward to having you drop by!!!! Love your tanks and your great photography!!!

There are two aqua boxes...one is the refugium...with the skimmer in it.... the other on the right side is RO/DI water that works my auto top off system... I have a tunze osmalator that runs the RO water through a kalk dispenser and keeps the water at a constant level by an inferred water sensor.....

Edited by Reef Man

• Admin

that is so cool hun, so if the tank level goes down it tops off the tank, so do you top off the Ro when it gets low then and how often is that.

I havent been there much do to being so sick lately, but should be back to normal after my back injection :D

Oh and thank you for helping me with my clown :D

No problem.... I love clowns...they are so neat... I have a pair myself and they have been spawning like crazy.... so much fun to watch....

Because of this system if just a few drops evaporate the osmolator kicks in and re-tops off the water so the level remains constant....no salinity change....

Any way the tank is 25 gal....and I have to add a 5 gal bucket of ro water about every other day to keep it full.... Lots of evap with 375 gal of water in the system including the refuge.....

• Admin

holy cow I forgot how big your tank is, Im so use to my little 13 gal tank.....

So the lights you use much create alot of heat, how many watts is on that tank?

I love my 2 clowns I named them Priscilla and Elvis.....Silly I know but the Priscilla was so that I rememberd that shes a True percula, and so is Elvis.....I was fortunate to find another one about the same size as Priscilla and they just love hanging our together.....

Do you have any anamies in the tank?

I have 1250 watts of light and need a chiller to keep the water temp stable....

SO Elvis is in the house!!!! My granddaughter named my two...so guess what they are named???? I know that has to be a hard guess!!! :)

Here are some shots of them at home!!!!

300clowns.jpg

RBTA121104.jpg

Here are a couple more of my anemones...

LongTent2a.jpg

seabae2.jpg

• Admin

wow how many of those do you have hun I love the last one.....

man that is alot of light it must be hot in your house :lol

Let me guess.....

Nemo and and the fathers name cant remember his name for some reason....

How old are they hun and did you keep any of the fry from them?

wow how many of those do you have hun I love the last one.....

I have 4....the last one is a 'Heteractis crispa' also more commonly known as the Sebae or Leather Anemone

man that is alot of light it must be hot in your house :lol

Its Arizona....It's hot anyway!!!? :lol:

Let me guess.....

Nemo and and the fathers name cant remember his name for some reason....

Nemo and Marlin!!!? Yep you guessed it!!!!

How old are they hun and did you keep any of the fry from them?

441661[/snapback]

They are about 4 years old now....and no....I didn't!!!! To many eager critters in there for any to survive.....

Edited by Reef Man

Wow great set up looks stunnng :D is the tank underneath a algae growing filter ? the anemones look great :) but the green bubble coral is the cherry for me it, looks so mystical :blink:

Edited by Padda's pal

Wow your tank is so beautiful, I wish that I could have something like that some day, but I don?t think that I would ever be able to handle all the work and money that goes into something as amazing as that. The two tangs in the first pic are so adorable, the tang on the right is a Hawaiian tang ? What type is the one on the left?

is the tank underneath a algae growing filter ? :blink:

441736[/snapback]

Yes... it is called a Refugium.... It has macro algae and a DSB that removes Nitrates...There are lots of critters stirring the sand bed that help in this process...The critters also consume any detritus etc....helps keep the water quality high!!!!

monkeyknukles --- I had it custom built... 96" X 30" x 24"

aqua - Yes, the one on the right is a yellow tang and they are from the central and south pacific!!! The one on the left in the picture is a Red Sea...Sail Fin Tang...

JenW - I could buy a small car for what this system has cost me..... :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words.... I have raised African and south American cichlids, angels, and sold them across the Midwest and been into salt water systems for nearly 20 years now..... This hobby truly is amazing.....

Edited by Reef Man

OMG!! That is sooo beautiful!! I dont have any urge to start a marine tank, but pictures like that are definitely inspiring for some day. Mabey when my kiddys are all grown up lol... Just breathtaking ReefMan!! Thankyou so much for sharing those pics!