Possible Ick

mrbowlerdude

I'm at college right now, but I got a phone call from my mom who said that one of my goldfish appears to have ick. About 10 white spots on its anal fins I believe she said. She treated with right away salt.

I think it probably has to do with over-crowding stress. I have 8 fish in a 20 gallon. (Yes I know it's horrible) But I have a 75 gallon (my Christmas present), which was just set up last Saturday. What do you guys think is the best way to help this fish out? Would it be best to move some of my fish into the 75? I'm afraid to go through the whole cycle with them in it. I can't really give any information on the tanks conditions since I am an hour and a half away. Any ideas are appreciated!!!

I wouldnt move any of the fish into the bigger tank as they will carry the ick over. Keep the salt level at .3% and add a heater as well to raise the temp to 80f to shorten the life span of the parasite. You will have to give them extra air as well.