Sign in to follow this  
Bonkers

Does Anyone Have...

I just recently moved and I can't find my little cards for my test kits...They might be packed somewhere, or I might have forgotten them :( since they weren't in with my testing supplies...

Can anyone scan them, or give me a url, or even just describe the color changes? I have the Freshwater Master test kit by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, and also the Nitrate test by the same company. I have the pH, pH high indicator, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and GH.

I am trying to test my pH after adding some driftwood, and then I realized I don't have anything to compare it to!

Thanks so much :)

uummm, I'll try....

6.0 yellow

6.4 pale green

6.6 medium green

6.8 bluish green

7.0 pale blue

7.2 medium blue

7.6 blue

They might can help you on their website:

www.aquariumpharm.com

go to help then charts...........I think they will send you one!

Good Luck!

Edited by Jeana727

this might help a little too:

www. goldfishinfo.com/ph.htm

Thanks Jeana727...the second link didn't work though. Do you have the list for the high pH end? My regular pH is testing at blue (really dark) and the high end is a deep purple...

I know my pH tends to be basic, so maybe it hasn't changed yet.

:( for aquarium pharmaceuticals, dark purple on the high range pH is in the 8.4+ region.

Here are the ph cards.

post-30-1133930295_thumb.jpg

And the other 3 cards.

post-30-1133930357_thumb.jpg

Ok looks like my pH is at 8.2...which might seem high, but is actually normal for my water. Hm since my KH is so low, I'm just worried about a pH swing due to the driftwood. I think I might put some crushed coral in my filter....

Do you know what kind of driftwood it is? Is it hard and knotted and twisty? Or is is kind of dark and splintery? I used the knotted kind (I believe its Malaysian) and it never affected my water. A friend told me that it is very hard and doesnt dissolve very quickly. On the other hand, the softer, more splintery kind is the one that will affect your pH (it also turns the water brown).

I have a pH of about 8.2 too, out of the tap, and never had a problem with driftwood. Hope that helps. :)

That helps...with easing my mind! My bf made me put it in there...haha I wasn't too sure, I bought it, soaked it for awhile (to release the tannins) and then let it sit in the bucket for like a week!...I was afraid to add it because I thought it might make my pH jump, but he really wanted to see what it would look like in the tank.

I think it is probably like yours...it is very hard, very dark, kinda twisty...it hasn't turned my tank water brownish or even yellowish. Hopefully I won't have any problems with it, I think it looks so nice, but I've heard a lot of ppl have had problems in their tanks...