Jakarta Goldfish Show 2005

d_golem

extremely plump fish, are there lines liek that or do they just over feed them and supplimaent with growth hormonies, that pearlie looks like my brucey, but i should just feed him some steroids then he'll look just like them lol.

Wow! Thanks that was a beautiful little trip! Love the blimps...oops I mean Ranchus! I can only hope that my new little Lionhead will turn out to be a big ole blimp too! :exactly

Ever seen a black pearlscale ranchu? I think it's now a speciality of the city of Bandung in West Java (near to Jakarta) :D . I'm planning to go to a goldfish farm in Jakarta when I go back to Indonesia ;) very exciting!

Anyway here are some pics of a black pearlscale ranchu (with permission from the owner). Gorgeous isn't it? :heart

blackpearlscaleranchu1.jpg

blackpearlscaleranchu2.jpg

It seems Indonesia is becoming something of a minor force in the goldfish industry. I just asked my gf who's in Indonesia about the prices of goldfish there. She said in a nearby shop huge red caps around 8-inches long are only 8 australian dollars each :krazy: cheap cheap!

you should try to ship some over, wouldnt it be beautiful to have a huge 8 ft tank with four or five of those huge guys, thats what i plan to do when we build our next house, i want to get a eight footer and have my fish on the back wall, that would look so cool. imagine how big they would get, right now they have grown heaps since i put then in there bigger tank. i would just need to by one more canister filter.

Edited by puggirl