Got Algae?

Amy

I was feeding my common pleco (which by the way I found a new home for -- my chemistry professor is going to take him in and I'm absolutely thrilled because I know he'll be in super good hands).

As it turns out, my goldies found the algae waffle and started pigging out. Had to drop in another waffle, which the pleco found and ate contently (he actually shoved the waffled behind a rock and then sat and ate it while he was hiding LOL).

I took some pics of the goldies eating the waffle -- tried to take it away from them but they ALL started pecking my hand away hehe. It tickled :rofl ! So I just let them have it :)

Algae1.jpg

Algae2.jpg

Algae3.jpg

Algae4.jpg

Algae5.jpg

Algae6.jpg

They're entertaining to watch :D I was a bit surprised that they no longer fear my hand :o Because they love it so much ,I give a pellet a month just as a treat. I haven't tried freeze dried food yet but from reading comments about them, I gather that goldies luv them. I'm getting some next week so I'm hoping the goldies will put on a good show for me :rofl

My telescopes especially love the algae discs 'cause they're big and they can see 'em! You should totally try freeze dried food! My guys love Hikari's Ocean plankton!

yeah besides plecos and all the other fish, i know tropical fishies love them too. it seems everyone loves them. haha personally i think they smell kidna iffy. :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've never fed my goldies freeze dried food before so I'm at lost because the pet store has a huge selection.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my photos :lol:

Yah..I've deemed them unsinkable in my book ;) None of my fish have ever had floaty issues, so I just feed those freeze dried bloodworms a little bit at a time for an occasional treat. If you soak them they get nasty!

Great photos! they are so clear and the colours are so sharp *jealous* :-D

My goldies love the wafers as well!

As far as the freeze dried foods, i went ahead and invested in frozen bloodworms and ill cut the block and feed it to them that way, ive become very wary of freeze dried foods, and foods in general that dont sink.

My goldfish love the algae wafers. They go nuts when I drop one in. And the entertainment is wonderful. Kind of a goldfish ballet, all you see in the tank is three goldfish butts sticking straight up.

:lol: