Omg!

nichjake

Check out this amazing apple that I found at my favorite lfs :D I just had to have it...so big and with such a nice shell B)

100_1369.jpg

100_1365.jpg

:D Woo-Hoo! Congrats on your Big Snaily! It looks like a Haustrum to me,but I'm far from the expert on Snail ID for sure! Good luck with him ,and keep us posted on how he's doing. :) Annette honey,I just wished you lived closer,I'd give you a snail of every color,Some Albino Bristlenose babies,some Cory babies.... :ignore:rofl

:D Woo-Hoo! Congrats on your Big Snaily! It looks like a Haustrum to me,but I'm far from the expert on Snail ID for sure! Good luck with him ,and keep us posted on how he's doing. :)                                                                                        

437915[/snapback]

Yep he/shes a haustrum. At least thats what the guy at the lfs said and I trust this place. They actually know something about fish which is nice. They even have a sign posted on their goldie tanks that goldies should have at least ten gallons per fish! :D

Although he said the snail would probably leave my plants alone...yeh, right. I knew otherwise but I was willing to take the risk and I woke up this morning and found about 1/3 of a plant gone... :rolleyes: Oh well, the snail is awesome...my roommate is afraid of it. When she came in last night and saw it she said "WHAT THE "HECK" IS THAT" (she used a diff. choice word) and pointed at the fish tank. :lol:

When she came in last night and saw it she said "WHAT THE "HECK" IS THAT" (she used a diff. choice word) and pointed at the fish tank.? :lol:

437952[/snapback]

hahahaa :D

438052[/snapback]

Yeah :rofl When she came in it reminded me of when King Kong climbed the Empire State Building. I've got this big decoration (the one I shattered and fixed, yay!) that looks like a mountain and the snail was sitting at the top of it looking around with all his antenna things out. Oh I wish I could have gotten a picture of that, it looked so cool.

Heres the mountain...now imagine that huge snail sitting on top :lol:

100_1354.jpg

WOW now that is big :thud

I wanted a snail but then I heard all this stuff about it laying eggs on its own (without a mate) and then the baby nails taking over the tank and that pretty much deterred me. How do you keep snails from breeding like that? Maybe if I knew more about them I'd be braver and more willing to get one. My LFS has a ton of golden apple snails.

WOW now that is big  :thud

I wanted a snail but then I heard all this stuff about it laying eggs on its own (without a mate) and then the baby nails taking over the tank and that pretty much deterred me. How do you keep snails from breeding like that? Maybe if I knew more about them I'd be braver and more willing to get one. My LFS has a ton of golden apple snails.

438196[/snapback]

Apple snails need a guy around to have babies :D The only trouble is they can store sperm for a long time. If you get one and go through a couple months with no babies then you should be safe. :D

Nicole that is one big snail. What is the name?

I do believe that one is close to Chewy's size, huh Devs?

I can imagine your roomie's face, I think they are great to look at but in all honesty they "freak" me out too.

Enjoy him/her it is a real find.

Archived