Guppy Question!

Ranchugirl

I asked that question before, but the thread seems to have disappeared.....

My female guppy, being pregnant now for about 3 weeks, has had 3 babies when I added another female to the tank, but she is still not done, and round and fat. How long do guppies stay pregnant, and how many babies do I get out on average?

I don't know about how long they stay pregnant but

they can have 20 -200 babys or was it 300 im not sure but

most people that i heard on this message board they had up to

about 30 but what every comes comes lol but h=after

she gives birth you should keep her in a hospital tank or

a place before putting her back because the males will have a go at

her again she has to rest allitle

• 1 month later...
Guest iidannyfishii

wellranchu girl can u tell me more about ur frys cuz iuno what to feed them!!! they are sooo picky my guppy just drop about 25 today yes yesh hehehe

and also! gupppy female can hold a male guppy sperm for like 8 time giving birth if u noe what i sayin.. sooo they are always delivering sumthing but u just dun noe because they get eaten ryte after they are born i noe its sad.... but the mother will too! sooo i dink its hard for u to see the average but they say guppy drop out 10-60 frys dependin on size u noe?

I fed mine crushed tropical flakes and freshly hatched brine shrimp. They were not too crazy about the microworms, though.

Unfortunately, they disappeared after about 5 days, my guess is that the female ate them. I didnt have any other tank to put the female in, and since Ihave a lot of plants in the tank I figured I can risk it and leave the babies in. Well, bad idea...! <_>

Unfortunately, they disappeared after about 5 days, my guess is that the female ate them.

I agree, there is a high probablity that the female ate them but did you check the filter? If you're using an HOB did you put something on the holes of the intake tube to cover them?

Archived