Sign in to follow this  
koko

The COMMON

Guest loverofgoldies

DSC00226.jpg

meet big bird. he is from the original group of rescues that i started this whole deal with. this picture was taken not long after i got him. he was about 1.5 inches give or take a little. now he's about 2-2.5 inches. he currently resides in a 55g tank with 2 comets.

DSC00238.jpg

AWWWW!!!! This common goldfish looks like my goldfish's (Sammy) twin! Sooo cute!

Guest loverofgoldies

here are mine:

Belka (the white one); Bajsa (the white with red cap) and Strelka and Ora behind (you can only see their tails lol)

They are in a pond now tho and have grown a lot :)

zlateribice.jpg

Amazing pic!

I don't know how fish are so great at studying, I end up just studying them and not my books. But I've caught my fish studying me and the tv. Cute.

How do you guys get such great photos of your fish? All I get are orange blurs!

I know right... I take over a hundred till i get a good 1.. I have gone thru all settings etc.... 3 different cameras & I still only wished mine was as good as theirs LOL

I believe my Atlas is a common goldfish

DSC05804.jpgDSC05783.jpg

And his tank mate Elphan is a Comet Goldfish :carrot: < I just love this carrot XD

DSC05808.jpg

Great looking fish guys... :thumb:

"Ridewithme38" Your fish on the left of your photo reminds me of my very first fish Samuel :thumb:

"Ridewithme38" Your fish on the left of your photo reminds me of my very first fish Samuel :thumb:

Awesome! I'm glad someone recognizes that fish! I've been telling everyone its a 'red top Oranda' but really i have NO idea i bought him from a fish store that just had him in a 'every type of fancy goldfish' tank....

Do you know what kind of goldfish he is?

This is my first store bought non-rescue, non fry comet, I thought she looked pretty cool for a walmart fish, just got her 2 months ago, she looks kinda like a shark to me, maybe call her sharky? lol

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

These are some of my fry, they'll all be in the pond soon!

DSC00835.jpg

here are the few heading out to the pond

DSC01076.jpg

Awesome! I'm glad someone recognizes that fish! I've been telling everyone its a 'red top Oranda' but really i have NO idea i bought him from a fish store that just had him in a 'every type of fancy goldfish' tank....

Do you know what kind of goldfish he is?

Its is a Red Cap Oranda, just one that is more on the fantail side. I just think its neat, I havent seen a fish like that in years :thumb: the shape I mean and look..... Here is Samuel. :)

redcaporanda1.jpg

Sorry its small I had this fish about 14 years ago. :o

Great thread! :)

My commons are Georgia (6" w/out tail, 8" with tail, about 6 years old):

george_eye_zps2ad12449.jpg

and Goldie (3.5" without tail, 4.5" with tail, about 4 years old):

DSCF2858_zpsb3fcab0b.jpg

Here they are together:

DSCF2845_zpsfdb9327e.jpg