Sign in to follow this  
Bonkers

Good News!

So, I was posting about my tank having a bump in the cycle, and it seems like it is over! My ammonia is testing at zero, and so is my nitrite! Hurray! I added cycle to the tank, and to the biowheels, and it really seemed to help. And all that bucket lugging as well...I added a couple of white clouds to my tank too...and it still staying at zero, so I will keep my eye on it. Thanks everyone for your help!

Also, I got a tadpole, I named him TP. Does anyone know anything about keeping tadpoles? He came for free with the fish...everything I find online isn't really helpful so far. I boiled some lettuce, and gave it to him, but he doesn't seem very interested. I put him in a 1.5 gallon fish bowl, and changed his water (50 percent) today...I have no idea what he is going to grow into, they didn't know at the store. He seems fairly happy though, swimming around...and he's really cute! It'll be cool when he turns into a frog :D

Congrats on your cycle and tadpole!! Sounds like he will be a surprise :) I hate it that the LFS doesn't tell you what frogs they will turn into! The ones I've seen for sale seem pretty big (at least 2") My best guess is that they would be african clawed frogs. The only problem is that they get very large and aggressive. I hope that's not it! Anyways, I'm sure you'll have fun with him :)

:D Good news about your tank cycling-that's always a relief when it happens. As for the frog,is it an Aquatic frog,or are you going to need some dry land for it when it goes to adult form? :unsure: As for feeding it,if it's a bull frog type frog,you can buy those frog type /turtle pellets,but he'll need live foods and such-like Crickets,etc. If it's an Aquatic frog,you can feed it Tubiflex worms/Bloodworms etc.

Cool! A tadpole! I don't know anything about them but I will enjoy hearing about TP! Happy cycling! (it is sucha relief when it is over)!

:D Great news you are all cycled. What you gonna cll you tadpole. Show us some pics so we can watch his progress.

Wow my post got moved...I couldn't find it! I'm not sure if anyone will be able to find this now...but I have a question. My tadpole seems to float a lot, it doesn't seem normal. I saw somewhere that if the water isn't set out at night they absorb the air, and start floating and swimming erratically. Does anyone know if this is true? Sometimes he looks like he is dead...but he isn't and it scares me!