My First Ranchu!

Guest squeeker

Guest squeeker

I went to Fish Sempai in Toronto yesterday. He had just returned from Thailand, and had a TON of new goldies! I picked up an ~3" black ranchu, he's the cutest little guy ever! His vision is terrible, as his wen is growing over his eyes :rofl He's got a nice tail tuck, and is JET black. He should retain his color!

I named him Chachmo, it just seemed to fit :lol:

Here he is!

post-3546-1132724545_thumb.jpg

WOW. Can you give me directions as to where Fish Sempai is located? I also live in Toronto and would like to check the place out :) WIth a face like that I'm not surprised his vision is bad lol. He's a cutie and looks happy though!

Guest squeeker

Thanks guys!

The fish from Sempai are fantastic, and SO friendly... Chachmo fed from my hand this morning :heart such a quick learner!

The Fish Sempai is located on Codsell Ave. You can check out his contact info on his website, THIS LINK. He doesn't have all of his fish up on the website yet, though... and don't be dismayed by the prices! He has some VERY expensive fish, but there are a lot that are quite reasonable as well. My red ryukin, Splash, was only $30, and Chachmo was only $15!

About his wen growth: He's so young, it looks like his wen has been like that for a while, and his eyes aren't trying to protrude at all... so I don't think I'm going to fuss with it. I don't know how to, anyway.

OMG OMG $15 CAD for a 3" Ranchu????????? :thud:thud Thanks for that site. I wanna lion head! Wow he has really big and healthy looking fishes. I've always gotten all my fishes at PJ's pet store in Yorkdale >_< Should start to look elsewhere eh?

Guest squeeker

Thanks, Kristysweets! I think he's adorable as well!

Yup Amy, only $15. He had a ton of them!

If you do decide to go, be sure to call ahead. He operates out of his home, and has a day job, so it's wise and polite to do so. He has just about every type of fish you could imagine: wakins, tosakins, ryukins, lionheads, pearlscales, telescopes, orandas... he also has some angels, discus, and cichlids! Crazy!

Let me know if you go!

Guest squeeker

Thanks for all the comments, guys! Chachmo is still doing great! He's so roly-poly and waddly... a ranchu is very different from the Ryukins I'm used to! He's really quite blind, too... I have to hand feed him, as he can't see food floating past his nose!

OrandaBeauty, I'd definately recommend buying fish from Andrew at Sempai. He even QT's his fish with prazi... he's a really good guy, and honest. All of my future fish will be from him!

Guest squeeker

Inside the city, but not "downtown"... it wasn't hard to get to, and no pay parking or anything... Just north of the 401, off Allen Rd. Earlier in the thread I posted a link to his website, and you can find his contact info there.

I hate driving in the city, too... but believe me, it was totally worth it!

• 1 month later...
Guest squeeker

Thanks, Devs!

He's hilarious... his mouth is like a little vacuum cleaner, he sucks up anything in his path! I guess that's how he compensates for his poor vision!!

Archived