Snail Fell Out....

Black oranda

:( Me being stupid and ignorant forgeting my canna snail Frey

in a little bowl for feeding over night, he crawled out and feel down on the

ceramic. He broke alittle of his shell to the point that where he closes it you can

sill see some of his face.

Right now his in the tropical tank, but his eating all my plants. But im not

sure if i should put him back in the goldie tank since the goldies pick at him sometimes.

Any ideas...?

-Alex

hmm, could you give him his own tank for a bit? i dont think id wanna risk him with the goldies and if hes eating your plants.. well!

there is a way to repair a broken shell with nail polish and something, im sure someone will know details for you.. Devs? ..it could work on the outside bit?

I hope he gets better real soon :)

Guest Chishower

I wouldnt use nailpolish on him.

How much damage is there? Is his body exposed at all? Are there any sharp peices of shell poking at him? Do the broken bits move at all when he goes back in his shell?

You might not have to do anything, or you might have to fix it. Is there any way you can get a picture?

Guest Chishower

Awwww, poor snaily! :heart

Alex, I bet you really freaked out when you saw that.

I really don't think there is much you can do for that but give him lots of calcium and good water...at least he isnt being poked by broken shell or something.

Lets see if our snail ladies have anything more they can add.

:( Poor Frey....Well ALex,the good news is that if Frey had to break a part of his shell off,the front was the very best place that he could have done it because that's where the new growth forms. If your Goldies allready pick at Frey,then I'd really advise you not to put him back in their tank. Is there anyway that you can divide a part of the tank for Frey? I can't recall if you were one to try making the Betta Divider's made from the Craft Store(Oh what is the name of that stuff)????? :hummm:idea CANVAS!!!!

Well i can Set up a 5 gallon for the little guy. :) Thanks for the help.

Lol yup i was freaking out i wasn;t sure how bad it was. In the goldie

tank i can't put any dividors or anything, im once again overstocked in that

tank. Next spring im building my pond and the commons/comets are staying out lol. (of course its going to be deep enough, and have a good heater.)

Archived