Odie And Mica

Kissy

Here are my new fish. They are very sick right now, so they might not make it :( If you want to help them, go here:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...opic=38369&st=0

Here is Odie, he is the most ill (as of this hour). I think he has the eyes of a telescope, body of a comet. He's got a fancy shaped butterfly tail, but it is much thinner and scissorlike. He's got matte scales with a few necreous mixed in.

DSCN0842.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

Quick update.

They seem to be getting better and worse at the same time. I think they are starting to eat their meds again, and are still pretty active for being the sickies they are. However, they still have what I think are gill parasites and internal parasites. Odie just got pop eye this morning too. Keep sending happy thoughts and love their way please.

Oh no...popeye. I wish you the best of luck, Kissy. I hope your babies get better. *BIG hugs*

I have a question though, does popeye come from parasites or bacterial infection, both? I'm dealing with a little popeye situation myself, I hope I'm not misdiagnosing.

For pop eye, you need anti-bacterial medication, such as maracyn and/or maracyn 2. Feeding anti-bacterial medicated food definately increases their chances because it fights from the inside and is not harsh on the fish. Using both med foods and water additives is best. Keep an eye on the fish's scales and make sure they don't start to protrude into a pine cone shape. This indicates dropsy, a much deadly disease. Pop eye is sometimes another symptom of dropsy. Thats pretty much all I know, I'd post a thread in the disease/911 forum for better help. I hope your fish gets better soon!

Thankies! :D

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't parasitic as well as bacterial. I'm treating with pure nitrofurizone right now. Unfortunately, my diagnosis of septicemia leading to dropsy was right. My whole tank is going through an outbreak. :( 2 lovlies have signs of dropsy, I'm just glad they're slightly metallic, so I caught it before it got to real 'pine cone' status. (Which it is at now.) Anyhow, thanks again. I hope your babies get better, as I'm wishing mine do too. I'm sure I'm going to lose Katsumoto (he's swimming upside down) but I'm trying to save him along with the others.

Oooh, trust me. I won't give up at all. I thought about euthanizing Katsumoto, but my heart won't let me. He still has a chance, I hope. I've never lost a baby I've had for so long, I've only lost new additions less than a month having them. This will be hard for me, so I won't give up. Thanks for the support. *hugs*

Honestly, I could never euthanize. All of my goldfish don't last long (most are sick when I bring them home) but my betta was a miracle fish. He was in such a horrible state, most people would have euthanized him. He did bounce back tho, and I love him to death. I always think there's that chance, and I wouldn't want to ruin that. Also, all animals fight very hard to live...its not usual for animals to give up on life and they are different than humans...its just their instinct to keep fighting. I dunno...its just my personal belief that what they want is to die on their own, in the comfort of their own familiar surroundings. I'm sure most others disagree with me though.

Maybe your fish will be like my betta. There's always that chance :)

Oh, I'm hoping so. Katsumoto was in REALLY bad shape when I brought him home. I couldn't stand seeing him suffer at the fish store. :lol Unfortunately, his dorsal never sprung back up after that, but seeing how I know he fought a year ago when he was sick, I'm hoping he does again. I have lots of hope.

:heart Hey Kissy, I was gonna ask you about photo's of the little ones as hadn't looked in here for a couple of days and there they are. They are sooo beautiful and unusual. They couldn't have a better fish mummy than you.

Sending them healing vibes and kissies. Doing Reike on their photo

Pablo and Dylan sending huggles and snuggles too xxx

Archived