What Are You Doing Frizzy?!

kila

My 2 little Fancies have been living in harmony for 2 months now. They are small little guys/girls (I don't know!), about 1.5 to 2 inches without tails.

The past couple of days the Fantail, Frizzy, has been tormenting the Black Moor, Nero. He's been shadowing him all of the time, swimming against him or swimming with his face between the Moors tail. He won't leave him alone!

What is he doing?! :huh:

im having the same problem, im not sure what it is, although it seems to be only when theres food around, Emsley chases and nuzzles Devereaux for like 20 minutes after iv fed them, funny thing is, Ems is smaller than Devie!

do yours do it when you feed them?

Actually yes, it could be after feeding time because that's when I watch them most. My Frizzy is a lot smaller than my Moor too. Maybe they are trying to be tough!!

It could be food related, but it could also be breeding behavior.

In the breeding section Koko pinned a topic called Hans and Hilda, in there you will see actual breeding rituals. Maybe that will help you.

Just watched the lovely Hans and Hilda video and their behaviour looks like what my two are up to! Is my Frizzy a lady of the 21st century chasing the male?! My Moor is the one that is getting harassed (the tubacles mean he's male right?).

Yeah that seems a bit backwards.

My fish have a pecking order or something. Hyde (one of my Dojos) will chase Eneus (my bronze fantail) around like that and then Eneus will chase Lilly (my Calico Oranda) like he wants to breed or something. Everyone leaves my other babies alone though. :lol:

Right, the tubrecales are males. Hmm, so that would be backwards huh? :lol:

I would watch them anyway, make sure there isn't any bullying that is getting to much for one. If a fish gets stressed out to bad it can make them sick.

my two largest fish do that all the time when feeding and after, when trying to find any food that fell to bottom of tank. Sometimes they have scales missing but they heal fine, they have always been like that. But they are buddies that swim, eat, and sleep together. You shouldn't have any worries, just keep an eye on them

• 4 weeks later...

Archived