Lying At The Bottom Not Moving.

Kissy

• Supporter

I just wanted to say I am sorry your fish aren't doing well. You have certainly done everything you can for them, I have been following this thread all along. You are a great fish mama Kissy! I hope they can pull through.

Also, unrelated, i just wanted you to know everytime I see the From part of your profile I get that song stuck in my head! It is one of my daughter's favorites. :-)

Edited by jen626

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about contamination...not for other fish tanks, but for myself and my kitties. What happens if the parasite water gets into an open wound, or if one of my kitties drink it? I took a huge chuck out of my hand a couple days ago and I've been neosporining and bandaiding it to death. I've been trying not to get it wet, but thats impossible with so many waterchanges with the sickie tank. My cat has suddenly become very fond of licking water of the floor of the bathtub and always tries to jump in the second I dump the dirty water. Will anything bad come of these?

Okay...weirdness. I'm not sure if you guys remember, but the underside of Odie's left gill turned black about a week after I brought him home. Its gone now? He's doing very poorly and is just floating around the tank so I think I may have to say my goodbyes tonight.

Try wearing rubber gloves with a long sleeve that goes up to your elbow. Also try flushing the old water down the toilet instead of just dump it in the bathtub.

I can't really say much more about the poor fish as they have gone through a lot and if it is time then there is not much more you can do. I'm truly sorry. :(

Thanks Captk. I'll see if I can get ahold of some long sleeve rubber gloves. What happens if you flush more than a couple gallons at a time? I don't think I'd here the end of it if I flooded the the bathroom (again) with parasitic fish/toilet water. I believe it will be their time and I'm going to let them go on their own. There's still a little hope for Mica; she seems a tad stronger and her gills look in better shape.

Mica died last night. Even though they held on for a long time, they did suffer a lot, especially toward the end, so I am glad they are not hurting anymore. Thank you to everyone who has followed my thread and helped me out for so long, I appreciate it.

I'm going to start cleaning up today. I think it will be easiest to just set up the filter on the tank and toss in most of the stuff to let it run with bleach water. All the rest of the stuff like buckets and syphons I can wash w/bleach water in the tub. Can I keep my bio-media and filter cartridge?