What D You Do With A Full Grow Koi Fish In Winter

Black oranda

Most koi are kept outside in their pond usually with a heater to prevent ice from fully covering the pond in colder climes.

Other people winter them indoors in ponds or laaaaarge tanks in their house. Very

expensive to set up.

Two winters ago I kept the Koi in the pond and they were fine all winter. Last year even with a heater I couldn't keep a hole open in the pond and they all died (13 of them). This year I brought all 32 of my pond fish in (including the Koi) and they are in rubbermaid feeding troughts. I have grow lights set up and the water is constantly ciruclated through 2 filters. So far so good. The first weekend my biggest Koi did jump out but has now settled down and they all are doing well. Keep in mind in live in central NY where we get close to if not over 200 inches of snow every year.

Well i live in canada quebec....

Like so i was thinking i can have a heater

in the pond and have those plastic cover

things to keep the heat in

But if i don't want them to jump out

what should i do to prevent this?

If you keep the Koi in the pond for the winter, being that you live in Quebec you shouldn't have to worry about them jumping out. Once the water temp gets below 50 they become pretty inactive. This is also when you should stop feeding them otherwise the food will just rot in their stomachs.

Okay thanksfor every things o my god

i was so scared that i couldent get back into my account

i for got my password lol.... last

night i was very mad

hahaha and i found it so now today im really happy

ill have something to do better LOl....

Archived