Just Got The Proquatics Automatic Fish Feeder.

scriber

Guest Luke Anderson

Thanks for the warning, that is precisely why i do not use an auto feeder. I just have had too many visions in my head of grossly overfed dead fish when i come home after using one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Daily Double II from Penn-Plax. It uses a single AA battery, ,and works fine. The secret is to crumble the flake food up a bit before you put it in. You can also adjust the amount of food dispensed(by twisting the tube). It has worked fine for me, and only costs about $20.

-Keith :D

I have the Daily Double 2 also and I haven't had a problem with it either. It's funny to see Tiny and his friends waiting for the food to drop when it's close to feeding time.

When I go away, if it's a short time like over a weekend, I literally starve the fish. In fact, I thik it does them good. Takes some of that useless lard off their middles! :happydance Much better than those stupid weekend food block things.

Guest jimmyd2000

They dont need to eat that often anyways, its just fun for us to feed them. Just put duckweed in the tank that will feed them for like a week.

When I go away, if it's a short time like over a weekend, I literally starve the fish. In fact, I thik it does them good. Takes some of that useless lard off their middles! :happydance Much better than those stupid weekend food block things.

That is mean, why don't you starve yourself :pp

I've read that it's safe to fast your fish for up to a week... can be even safer than an automatic feeder, because like the first post says, sometimes they just don't work! I know plenty of people who fast their fish one day a week.

Guest Luke Anderson

Starving and fasting are different. Leaving your fish for a couple days without food is fasting, they are not harmed at all, and it may even be healthy occasionally. On the otherhand not feeding for a month isd starving them, as it can hurt them.

Don't worry about them dieing from lack of food very quickly either, most goldfish can go at a bare minimum 5 weeks without food.

As far as the Daily double 2 feeder is concerned i decided to buy it over chrsitmas time and try it. It was horrible the stupid peice of Cr@p ovefed tem so bad there was flakes everywhere in the tank, way yo much food. I would highly suggest NOT EVER using these things.

• 4 weeks later...
I was just wondering why it didn't work. Did it not regulate the amount of food well? Was it clogged or something? just wondering.

I used it with progold pellets and Hikari Oranda gold pellets. It wasn't clogged...just that everytime it turned in order to dispense food...a different amount came out. Sometimes it was a pinch other times it was 3 or 4 times that.

I think the only one i would use would be the ones where u can seperate the amount of food for each feeding.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lady_Eros

Granted I work for vvvv and love my store... the proquatics auto feeder is a horrible horrible product. I've heard too many stories where the food got clogged and didn't dispense any food at all, or it just didn't work/stopped working, it's just an unreliable product. I would always try to get someone to come over and feed for you if possible, or just drop a big piece of zucchinni in with a weekend feeder even, and that should do well enough for at least a few days.

Archived