Airstone, How Does It Work?

kila

I bought an airstone today for my 20 gallon (UK gal). I have two filters running init for my 2 Fancies.

I connected it to the Plastic tube hanging (idley) from my Ferplast BluCompact 01. Nothing is happening....aren't there meant to be bubbles floating out of it?

I've attached a photo so you can get a clearer image of my set up. I'm not sure what I'm doing!!

Immagine612.jpg

yea bubbles are suppose to come out. do bubbles come out when you take it off? did it come with one of those check valve things? maybe you have it (check valve) backwards or it might not work. i had one that was i guess broken and when i took it (check valve) off bubbles came out the stone.

Oh dear, i took it out to check it and it snapped in half!! It doesn't have any "check valve" and when I blow into it it's hollow and getting air. I think there's no air coming from the tube i have it attached to on the filter. Don't know why.

I'm not sure how your filter works... but if you can't get bubbles to come out of that tube I would just go buy an air pump at the fish store. There are inexpensive ones for well under ten dollars that can be had, and those will work for sure.

Bubble bars, the long tube-like things that suction-cup to the side of the tank, tend to be more durable than airstores, by the way.

Lol..when I was reading the title of you post, I just remembered the most stupid thing I ever did. Omg.

Okay so I was told I needed an air stone for my goldfish tank. I had no idea how it worked, only that it was supposed to oxygenate my tank. So..I went to vvvv and found some nice little blue airstones, and they were aonly like 50 cents!! I thought I had found the best deal on earth, and I bought two. I got home, plopped them in the tank, and nothing happened!! No bubbles came out!! So I thought hmmm...maybe its really high tech and even tho I couldn't see any bubbles, it was still aerating my tank. So I left the little airstone in my tank for a week before I read some info somewhere on the site about how aeration works. After that, I foolishly removed the air stone.

Omg...well, we were all young and stupid back then..right?

:rofl

Problem solved now. Thanks for your help. I bought an air pump and an air wand. They love it! They are swimming in and out of the bubble flow. Hurray!

Lol..when I was reading the title of you post, I just remembered the most stupid thing I ever did. Omg.

Okay so I was told I needed an air stone for my goldfish tank. I had no idea how it worked, only that it was supposed to oxygenate my tank. So..I went to vvvv and found some nice little blue airstones, and they were aonly like 50 cents!! I thought I had found the best deal on earth, and I bought two. I got home, plopped them in the tank, and nothing happened!! No bubbles came out!! So I thought hmmm...maybe its really high tech and even tho I couldn't see any bubbles, it was still aerating my tank. So I left the little airstone in my tank for a week before I read some info somewhere on the site about how aeration works. After that, I foolishly removed the air stone.

426713[/snapback]

At least your smart enough to have airline and a sir source for your stone.

When I got my Bubble Wall alls I was expecting was bubbles to flow from it without anything attached to it... :lol: So then I was like Why doesnt this work? What? An air pump? Air line what? :rofl

426713[/snapback]

:lol1 that's funny. =) how foolish we feel after we learn sometimes... =)

Archived