Got Those Brain Cells Working Overtime Tonight

froggydella

Ok, So I am watching my snaily crew eat their beans earlier tonight, And a funny thing dawned on me...I assume they have no teeth, So how in the world by morning are all those darn beans gone? :blink:

It's hilarous to watch Gary attack the beans, it's like he puts the whole thing in his mouth at once and sucks it to death or something......Could someone please give me a little more insight on how they actually "eat" their food. I coulden't seem to find much around that explained that...Or maybe I have too much time to think... :rofl

Thanx~ :heart

snails ahve 'teeth'! they have 2 little 'tooth' looking things (im not sure of the exactname) that scrape the food, and tear it, pulling it into their mouths :) Snails can bite you too! I let one of my big guys slime on my hand, and he bit me! :lol: try explaining that one! :rofl

Ooooooo HA, I never knew that I guess....Oh I hope Gary doesn't bite me someday!! He's a big sucker and I am still a little freaked out by his size!!...hahaha.

I will have to look closer next time he is on the front of the glass sliming around. :rolleyes:

its a radula.. its a tongue like thing with.. yea.. sandpapery texture!

lol Della, i used to have a giant african land snail and his tongue must have been huuuge, well when he was little i used to let him slim up my arms and stuff, but when he got over 10cm i got pretty scared of that mouth! when he was eating some nights all id hear was crunching! :D

:peeka Okie, Thats it I am never touching Gary again now, He's gonna bite me for sure now!! I just know it......ewwwwie, I am such a WUSS BABY!! I know..... :rofl

Crunching?.....Oh My!! :o And I know he's only gonna get bigger too...Arghhhhh Sandpaper snaily toungue... :krazy:

Have you ever seen them when they're eating algae off the side of the tank? You can watch their little mouths go... it's cute.

I've never had a snail bite me before... or maybe mine are just too small for me to feel it.

:rofl Della,you crack me up!!! First of all,every time I hear you mention "Gary",I laugh.Don't know why but I do.Then when Smack mentioned the good ole' Snaily Tooth,I knew you were just about going to freak out! I just want to reassure you that the snaily tooth isn't really so bad...You know how big Chewy is ,right? Well,she bit me before when I had her eating in my hand(accidently,of course) And I'm still here aren't I? Who needs the little tip of that finger anyway,I never use that part. :P:tomuch:

:rofl

I was just about to take Gary out last night after he ate figuring he wouldent bite me because he was full, But nooooooo I wussed out as usual!!! hahahaha!!!! I take him out but I never let him slime me up, I alway's let him cruise the computer desk awhile....I will let him put his sandpapary snaily tooth tounge on me soon though!! I swear I will do it, I'll even take a pic when I do..... :lol:

It doesn't really HURT Dells, but you can feel it. Their teeth are white too, makes em look even more like real teeth, but they're not. Its more of a scraping feeling then a pinch. I let my big snails do it and it doesn't hurt. ;)

Erikka~ YA brat!! :lol: Now youv'e done it woman!! Teeth, White, Scraping!!!! Looks like real teeth...Ewwwwwie!!! :rofl

Poor Gary will never have his momma hold him because Erkkia scared me again......ROFL LMAO!!!!!

Yea, I know you have done it before, Cause you took your big dude into the bathroom and tried to put him in the tub with Jon!!!! :rofl:ignore

It didn't bleed a ton. I actually didn't notice until I put her back in the tank. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt at all when they nibble. It kinda tickles.

anic is right! it tickels!! I let my HUGE guys slime all over my arms and hands, and they just nibble along, only hurts when they take off whole fingers, like Devs said :D i mean, fingertips arent really THAT important! :rofl

Archived