Pharoh Did It Guys

koko

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pics of them Koko, nice to see them as they grow.

The open mouth, i thought that was a sign of a vitamin or mineral defficeincy. Maybe add some vitamin/mineral drops in the food?

• Admin

Well the gel food has it in there and Im feeding that to them once a day since the baby fry are so small and cant eat much of it Konig eats it like its going out of style :rofl3

I had some with the dropped jaw. I think it must be a fairly common acquired deformity. A few recovered but never grew and eventually got devoured by brothers and sisters. :(

Sorry. But they did seem perfectly happy, while they continued to live. I never culled unless the fry was completely hopeless.

:( I wouldn't be able to cull either,unless I knew for sure that the fish was in pain or starving to death.If it looks happy enough the way that it is,I'd probably leave him as well,and let him live out his short life.(Those fish don't often live very long unfortunately.As for Konig,what a little Bruiser he's coming to be. :lol: I will certainly look forward to all his updates-for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, that's mean... but I suspect Maxi did that too... and now I have lost the smallest fry, it disappeared without a trace... I suspect Monster this time...

You mean Konig ate Mouth?? :thud Well, you know now who the daddy is! :lol: Poor Mouth, but I can only think that she wouldn't have made it very much in life anyway with a deformity like that. Nature tends to keep things the way they are supposed to be.

So, where is big Konig's pics now? :lol:

• Admin

Oh no he didnt eat mouth he ate one of the second batch frys.....

Konig is in his own tank and I think hes amazed how much more room he has now....pluss its mirrored on the bottom so he keeps chasing him self :rofl

I will get some photos this week for you guys :D

• Admin

Well Konig is doing great in his new home eating like a pig.....

So as of right now I have Konig, Mouth and one fry from the second batch......The last baby from the second batch is getting very big fast, Mouth is still haning on and has developed another mouth so Im going to let her live if she still wants too..... :D

• Admin

It looks like Mouth had her original mouth pointing down and had a very hard time eating, then over time shes got a hole on the top were the top lip should be now, so it looks like she managed to convert her self to survive :D

Pics should be today or tomorrow :D