Deveraux's Fitting

x-Lucy-Fish-x

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level?

Nitrite Level?

Nitrate level?

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)?

Ph Level out of the Tap?

i still havent got the money together to afford test kits :cry1 although i think my ph is about 6.5-7

Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running?

20 gals, this is a confuzing one as the filter has been running on a ten gal about 2 weeks before so was still cycling when i moved it to the 20 and it also had most of the media replaced as i had to replace the filter after the first one broke.

the 20 has been running for nearly 2 weeks i think, so its probably still cycling, but my test kit situation is making it impossible to tell.

What is the name and size of the filter/s?

penn-plax cascade 400, the middle sized one on this link http://www.pennplax.com/Pages/Aqua.pages..../Aqua20F.html

How often do you change the water and how much?

right now while i dont know if its cycling or not its every other day, or more if i can

How many fish in the tank and their size?

1 inch oranda, and 1.5 inch ranchu

What kind of water additives or conditioners?

nutrafin water conditioner.. nutrafin cycle

Any medications added to the tank?

added a parasite general treatment a week ago, but forgot to take out carbon!

Add any new fish to the tank?

ranchu (deveraux, the fish in question!) was added 2 weeks ago

What do you feed your fish?

tetra flakes.. peas.. bloodworm.. tubifex.. but they have been starved and fed peas, treating for constipation twice this week.. doesnt seem to be working.. Deveraux has been constipated since i got her

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

nope

Any unusual behavior like staying

at the bottom, not eating, ect..?

Devie having fits, like darting in odd angles and directions, i know its not elecrical as she did it when everything was unplugged and my arm was in there during a water change. darting into the corners of the glass, as if itchy.

my main suspect is water quality and the unknown cycling habits of my tank :rolleyes:

but could it be something else?

The darting to me sounds like it could be parasites. Does the fish flick the fins at all or scrape off any ornaments or the corner of the tank?

Take a sample of the water before you do a water change and take it to the pet store and ask them to test it for you, as the water quality could also be affecting it. Also get them to write down the values.

Instead of the meds go with the salt to get rid of any parasite and slowly salt to .3%.

edited to add, that if his fins are erect and he isnt scratching or flicking his fins then hes probably ok, but wait for a second opinion. :)

Edited by sandy

i have seen her fins sorta 'going', they are erect, but the odd one does flick yea :( emsley's been flicking his dorsal fin too :unsure:

i dont think i have the right salt.. ints in this little box and it says its aquarium conditioner, is that alright?