Malaysian Trumpet Snails

glitterfish

I've heard that they are ok. I also heard that they could do some bad things to your fish if they eat bird poo, and then your fish eats them. The guy in the pet store said that most of them come in the stomach of their plecos, and break out. I don't know if that is true. I have heard of plenty of people on here keeping them in their gf tank. You won't see them much though, they like to live in the gravel, and sometimes come out at night. I got mine for free at the pet store. I asked them if I could have a few when I was getting a fish, and they gave me as many as I wanted. I think they wanted to get rid of them. Well that is about all I know about them, so good luck. :D

I have them in my tropical tanks and shouldnt be put into cold water.They give birth to live young and will only take a few months to over populate your tank so you will have to thin them out after a while.

They hide in the gravel and move it around so stopping it from forming pockets of decay but they do better with sand where they stop it from compacting.

They dont eat healthy plants, only dead and dying ones so are ok that way.

i got one, came with my bristlenose.. not from his stomach tho :blink: it got scooped in the net at the shop.. i think its one anyway.. it was in my snail thingy for a while and now its with my betta.. i wouldnt put him with my goldies as hes quite small and i can imagine him getting eaten and stuck in the fishes throught (sp?????) somehow it produced a ton of little babies by itself, so iv got quite a few :huh::D

They would be kind of interesting in my tropical tank!!! If anyone wants to send me a couple, I will of course pay shipping, that would be great! :D What size do you think they get to be full grown?

I'd send you some of you were in UK, but i doubt you wanna pay shipping across the atlantic if you can get em from US? the babies are about > - that big (or should i say small) right now :) the mum is about -------- that big and i think they can get to about ------------------- that big :D

Archived