Fish Shaped Bowls!

Ranchugirl

Anybody seen those fish shaped bowls lately at vvvv? First time I saw them today, and they looked cool! They come in different sizes, of course the biggest would probably barely enough for a betta to be in comfortable...The opening of the bowl is the fishes mouth, and its sideways, so the surface area isnt bad. Just not enough space for a filter, maybe a tiny sponge filter....

Some new bowl invention, I was just surprised that the sales guys didnt put a goldfish in there yet! <_>

Guest watermama

I haven't seen that at the vvvv near me, but I will look when I go there on Friday (I need a new tube). Sounds interesting!

In one of the fish mags, there was an ad for a bowl shaped like the pineapple house that SpongeBob lives in (do you know this cartoon?). It looked like it would be good for a betta, big enough to put one of those small heaters in and I *think* it comes with a small undergravel filter (could be wrong on that).......

Thinking of getting a betta Andrea? :rolleyes:

Ugh, not more gimmicky tanks??I was joking with my friend at work how I would take pics of these awful little betta tanks we have set up at work and post them on here and let the war begin! I know especially Buddy Holly would freak out! ;) That Spongebob pineapple house is teeny?not much bigger than the deathtraps, excuse me I mean cups, that bettas are sold in. We have sold so many of those awful pineapple houses. I so hate all those teeny tanks that are marketed for kids. Because you know the moms dont want to spend $4 on a betta when they can spend .10 on a goldfish? sigh.

On a personal note I think all those things are much too small, even for bettas.

Barbara, you missed my betta adventure then? I breed them now, and have a few hundred swimming around in tanks around here......AAAAaaaa!!! Thinking about one too, are you? :D vvvv has some nice ones, except you cant see the color too good, since they swim in the blue water.....

Jen, I think those bowls are too small as well, but they would look nice with just a few glass rocks in them. The ones I saw had a frosted blue color to them, and it looked really nice. Just glass rocks, water and a few plants, no fish! Or fill it up with sea shells! :)

Guest watermama

The pic in the magazine made the pineapple tank look much, much bigger....I wonder why they made it so small? It would seem to me that the kids would like it better too......

No, no, no, I don't want a betta! Not that I have anything against bettas! They're beautiful fish but I don't really want to set up another tank if you know what I mean! And Andrea, a few hundred??? OMG :blink:

When you sign up for one of those mmm cards you get a "free gift" of your choice... one option was a "Betta Tower" so I got that, bought some gravel, then headed over to a craft store and got clear gel candle wax, and had some fake plastic fish sitting at home... made a beautiful candle for my sister! If you don't have fake fish, they sell them on ebay ALLLL the time, to put in soap... if you've ever looked for fish stuff on ebay I bet you know what I'm talking about!

Archived